Greasy Lake Community

New Album Rumor Thread?

1 minute ago, Lampi said:

'The House Is On Fire'  seems so obviously a title for a song about the current 'state of the nation'  -and more in general, the current state of the world, the current state of Planet Earth- that it seems too obvious too be true (apart from all the other doubts already raised in this topic).

I mean, look at Last to Die. It's not THAT weird to sound obvious. 

1 minute ago, Lampi said:

'The House Is On Fire'  seems so obviously a title for a song about the current 'state of the nation'  -and more in general, the current state of the world, the current state of Planet Earth- that it seems too obvious too be true (apart from all the other doubts already raised in this topic).

This is an old song title  https://www.springsteenlyrics.com/lyrics.php?song=houseonfire

• Like 1

Bruce's people know EXACTLY how to generate interest in a new record, don't they?

Drip drip drip - leak a little here and there, get Twitter, FB and the forums going and sell like crazy the first week, maybe make # 1

Get it out late October, too early for Christmas gifts because no one will wait that long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyJames said:

I don’t yet believe that the rumoured track listing is correct, nor the cover, but I do expect a new Bruce album announcement - what with the None But the Brave podcast finale talk, the US election, Patti’s Rolling Stone article (saying she can’t get in the studio because Bruce has been busy), and now this new rumour - it is all making me very hopeful..!

Bruce is just doing us all a favor by being in the studio, he isn't working on anything that he has any plan to release.  But by him being in the studio it means that Patti can't be working on her new album, and for that we should be thankful.

@CmonMrTrouble has a picture of what Bruce thinks of Patti doing Town Called Heartbreak live.  Once he digs it up I think/hope he will post it.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

So how do we feel about wearing a mask for 4 hours to see Bruce ? :(.....

If that's all ive got to do ill do it ! but i think its going to be way more complicated :(

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Good for you. I was looking for a uplifting show for workers and all we got was how the worker is being abused. 

He seems to at once laud the commitment of the working person while railing against the places that give them employment. It certainly is an odd mix.

Regardless, let’s get a new album out to wash the stink out of my ears from the last effort.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, burghfan said:

Bruce is just doing us all a favor by being in the studio, he isn't working on anything that he has any plan to release.  But by him being in the studio it means that Patti can't be working on her new album, and for that we should be thankful.

@CmonMrTrouble has a picture of what Bruce thinks of Patti doing Town Called Heartbreak live.  Once he digs it up I think/hope he will post it.

Found the pic on an archived thread.

Patti-town-called heartbreak.JPG

• Haha 3

Let's indulge ourselves and say that this project is the real deal, and that it is coming soon.

Do we think it's another Springsteen solo effort, or is this an E Street record? Is this something freshly written and recorded, or music he's been sitting on for awhile?

• Bruuuuce! 1

13 hours ago, RaisedOnBruce said:

I'd copied and pasted it:

1) Hung Out To Dry

2) The House Is On Fire

3) Achilles Heel

4) The Storm

5) As Good As Gold

6) Tooth and Nail

7) Between Heaven and Earth

8) Nancy's Bar

9) The Mask Unveiled

10) Parasite

11) Noah

Heard it last night. A leaked copy to the my mate who a CD stacker at ASDA . We listened down the Dog and Gun while socially distancing. Some initial thoughts..

1) Hung Out To Dry - a rock anthem for the generations. Subtle notes of We Take Care Of Our Own.  Powerful.

2) The House Is On Fire - a cross between Harry's Place and Mary's place. It works.

3) Achilles Heel - long guitar intro to start and a lovely short number. Candys room if you like. Noted Stevies backing vocals on chorus "it hurts, it's hurts real bad". 

4) The Storm - moody Bruce. Dark slow. 

5) As Good As Gold - think tomorrow never knows 

6) Tooth and Nail - gritty and rocky. Nice track.

7) Between Heaven and Earth- n9ce melody bopper. Some sample from a song in the 80s 

8) Nancy's Bar - another short rocker. Bruce letching over some bartender who he can see her thong while he sips a beer. Powerful .

9) The Mask Unveiled - brilliant. Big and bold discussion about swinging.

10) Parasite - like his first two album.  Lyrics over music.

11) Noah - great track... rocker. Lyrics all about lockdown and the world economy. 

7/10

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

Heard it last night. A leaked copy to the my mate who a CD stacker at ASDA . We listened down the Dog and Gun while socially distancing. Some initial thoughts..

1) Hung Out To Dry - a rock anthem for the generations. Subtle notes of We Take Care Of Our Own.  Powerful.

2) The House Is On Fire - a cross between Harry's Place and Mary's place. It works.

3) Achilles Heel - long guitar intro to start and a lovely short number. Candys room if you like. Noted Stevies backing vocals on chorus "it hurts, it's hurts real bad". 

4) The Storm - moody Bruce. Dark slow. 

5) As Good As Gold - think tomorrow never knows 

6) Tooth and Nail - gritty and rocky. Nice track.

7) Between Heaven and Earth- n9ce melody bopper. Some sample from a song in the 80s 

8) Nancy's Bar - another short rocker. Bruce letching over some bartender who he can see her thong while he sips a beer. Powerful .

9) The Mask Unveiled - brilliant. Big and bold discussion about swinging.

10) Parasite - like his first two album.  Lyrics over music.

11) Noah - great track... rocker. Lyrics all about lockdown and the world economy. 

7/10

Please don't be joking.

I hope this is real

• Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Let's indulge ourselves and say that this project is the real deal, and that it is coming soon.

Do we think it's another Springsteen solo effort, or is this an E Street record? Is this something freshly written and recorded, or music he's been sitting on for awhile?

its E-Street. not heard it myself but i hear its a straight forward rock album with minimal bells/whistles that came with WB/HH.

also The House Is On Fire is NOT the same song as House On Fire from the 90s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the highway is alive said:

its E-Street. not heard it myself but i hear its a straight forward rock album with minimal bells/whistles that came with WB/HH.

also The House Is On Fire is NOT the same song as House On Fire from the 90s

Guitar, base and drums 

25 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Social media. I’d be amazed if it’s the real one (if indeed an album is coming).

Pretty sure there’s a bootleg with the same title???

Dang :(

I just told Gary they might be a new album announcement on friday

He said i don't care ! fuck up about that (insert very rude word)