Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

2 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

Me mate at Asda.  

I’m afraid Alan has let us all, and himself, down here Sean.

From now on I suggest boycotting the store and tapping up the more reliable Sainsbury’s work force for new heartland rocker type releases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’m afraid Alan has let us all, and himself, down here Sean.

From now on I suggest boycotting the store and tapping up the more reliable Sainsbury’s work force for new heartland rocker type releases. 

Or just go to the top and ask the queen of the supermarket. She may have inside knowledge.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Alan doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Kids are in tears here.

Organised a party in anticipation of the big news that I’ve had to cancel - will be sending Alan a bill for the non-refundable deposit. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
6 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

I'm offering 1000-1 that the first single is called "Alan Armstrong".

Its about as likely as Leicester winning the Premier League so I want at least 5,000-1

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

It will be 3pm on a Wednesday at some point, Alan’s mate Dave has just sent me a fax. 

Has anyone asked Dave's cousin's dog?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, Jimmy James said:

Good for you. I was looking for a uplifting show for workers and all we got was how the worker is being abused. 

Here ya go:

On 9/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, Lampi said:

'The House Is On Fire'  seems so obviously a title for a song about the current 'state of the nation'  -and more in general, the current state of the world, the current state of Planet Earth- that it seems too obvious too be true (apart from all the other doubts already raised in this topic).

Remember "Working on a Dream." Bruce is often quite overt in his anthems. I kinda think anthems have to be be. (Though that Joe Grushecky duet, "That's What Makes Us Great" was too obvious even for me.)

Bruce is also well-versed in subtlety on some of his songs. But it's not his signature style.

• Like 1