Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Great thanks guys!  That clears everything up!

:mellow:

Im pretty sure its a big UK supermarket chain where they sell hobnobs and mushy peas, curry chip gravy (do not ever go there BD) pork pies and sticky buns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the run-up to Western Stars and the album announcement last April, Bruce began officially teasing it on the Monday of that week (with those cryptic images) and then announced it on Thursday, with "Hello Sunshine" dropping that Friday.

Didn't expect to hear any news or announcements today, but I'll be scrambling early next week for sure 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im pretty sure its a big UK supermarket chain where they sell hobnobs and mushy peas, curry chip gravy (do not ever go there BD) pork pies and sticky buns

It's a supermarket chain in the UK, although I never knew until this very day that it was an acronym. The things you can learn on a Springsteen message board. BTW only a serial killer would eat mushy peas with curry. I'd certainly never mix the two. In fact I far refer petits pois as my 1st choice vegetable, mushy peas are disgusting! As for the new album, Nils has basically confirmed there is one, and Bruce to a certain extent. Now it just remains to be seen when it will appear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Looking at the run-up to Western Stars and the album announcement last April, Bruce began officially teasing it on the Monday of that week (with those cryptic images) and then announced it on Thursday, with "Hello Sunshine" dropping that Friday.

Didn't expect to hear any news or announcements today, but I'll be scrambling early next week for sure 

An announcement the day before the first single makes more sense, which would be Wednesday if a single is indeed going to be released Thursday (of which we have no proof whatsoever). However, Thursday is not the usual day for new releases.

10 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Oh yes, I remember a series of pretentious photos preceding the record.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

An announcement the day before the first single makes more sense, which would be Wednesday if a single is indeed going to be released Thursday (of which we have no proof whatsoever). However, Thursday is not the usual day for new releases.

What’s the normal release day? Friday??

A tiny hint from Jim Rotollo on E Street Radio yesterday. I’m paraphrasing but he said something to the extent of, “what will next week in Bruce Springsteen world bring? Just wait and see.” 

I think it’s coming guys, just be patient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What’s up with that blog mentioning another multi-disc ‘Tracks’ album?

We all know the guys recorded tons of songs that didn't see the light of day, with many still out there waiting for release - but do you really think there’s another half-dozen (or more) discs that can be filled at this point of unreleased tracks we haven’t heard of yet?

Brad

PS: Here are the ones I need:

Protection

Preachers Daughter

Lonely Nights In The Park

Sugarland

Follow That Dream

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

What’s the normal release day? Friday??

It used to always be on a Tuesday .... it was so much fun skipping school to buy the new release and jamming in the car afterward smoking a joint!

Brad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1