Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

New Album Rumor Thread?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Wbt774 said:

A tiny hint from Jim Rotollo on E Street Radio yesterday. I’m paraphrasing but he said something to the extent of, “what will next week in Bruce Springsteen world bring? Just wait and see.” 
 

I think it’s coming guys, just be patient.

These people behave like big kids, "I know something that you don't".  Anieolo is the worst. You never see Dylan behaving like that. 

I could understand Gaga doing it, Adele, or Kanye, but it's Bruce Springsteen who sells records in relatively small quantities these days.  It reminds me of the character in that stuntman song on WS, dependent on the long gone glory days.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

These people behave like big kids, "I know something that you don't".  Anieolo is the worst. You never see Dylan behaving like that. 

I could understand Gaga doing it, Adele, or Kanye, but it's Bruce Springsteen who sells records in relatively small quantities these days.  It reminds me of the character in that stuntman song on WS, dependent on the long gone glory days.

I blame his father. And the Republicans.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Count me in.

Ignore the miseries. Just a bit of fun. 

I like it as well - sensible marketing and does the job by building hype slowly, which usually allows me to binge the artist for a bit. That said, I also love the idea of a surprise album drop, although I’ve never really experienced one properly as a fan 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have a Facebook friend whose cousin works at Spar in Middlesex. Apparently, he'll have some official info on the new release by September 9 at the latest. Watch this space.

Hmm.. Not sure I’d trust a Spar employee. Now if you said M&S or Tesco at a push then MAYBE we’d have a story 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Now if you said M&S or Tesco at a push then MAYBE we’d have a story 

That would be not just a rumour, that would be an M&S rumour

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have friend whose friends brothers friend who has a sister who knows a guy whose cousin works with a guy whose sisters mother married a guy, her second marriage btw, whose daughter knows a guy who might know something. Stay tuned.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, THUE said:

I have friend whose friends brothers friend who has a sister who knows a guy whose cousin works with a guy whose sisters mother married a guy, her second marriage btw, whose daughter knows a guy who might know something. Stay tuned.

I think I know him. He works at Spar in Middlesex!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All jokes aside, if Bruce does indeed put an album out this year, that'll make two albums in two years. Perhaps this is a floodgate opening for Bruce?

I remember that quote he had around the time of Wrecking Ball, when he made some comment akin to "light at the end of the tunnel focuses the mind." Not that anything is suspect with his health, but perhaps he senses his age catching up with him, and is feeling motivated to empty the vaults, so to speak. Patti did say he has been "prolific" lately.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BrilliantDisguise @Jimmy James @Jertucky

I had a very vivid dream about the new album

Don't worry im no Madam Marie 

It was complicated by factors like its father's day here and i tragically broke two of mum's plates this morning 

I was at home having Saturday family lunch after work, no sign of my sister 

Mum was serving snake (been watching some stuff Gary likes on u tube) it still had the head on and was bland and tasteless like when mum cooked trout and we each had our own whole snake that had a yellow and green head

Anyway there was a programs on tv interviewing Bruce and Patti

This is where its weird, Bruce and Patti were older but mum and dad were young 

Patty had long kinda messy hair that was grey and blond, more golden blond and straight with  with grey than Meryl Streep, more like Patti Smith's hair but cleaner looking

Bruce looked 70, my mum and dad only looked 50 

Bruce had like a 5 day old beard and slightly longer curly WOAD hair but it was grey 

Anyway i wasn't allowed to watch tv till we had all finished lunch 

Bruce was being interviewed about the new album in a bar like looked like the western stars bar barn crossed with like a typical bar on law & order SVU and they would cut away to him and a country looking band playing a song but i hang my head in shame as i didn't like it

I mean i wanted to because it was a bit like the WS album 

It has big production sound 

Sweeping wall of sound

Loud

But with distinctive jazz overtones :(

This was not a soul fairy band either - it was like really complex elevator music

It was not an E Street sound

Anyway this seemed to go for ages but i kept sneaking away from the dinner table but dad would call me back to lunch which is redicoulss because something that ment this much to me my parents would have let me watch it

Why dodnt we just video tape it?! (But rather than our 1990 setup it was a 2020 tv than you can save stuff on and i don't have a tv that flash so i have no idea how they work)

Then Bruce was in a tv studio being interviewed in a panel like setting with 2 presenters

it was that Aussie bloke that has interviewed him before and a woman with long blond hair

It was a serouse interview about the music (not politics)

In my dream i was trying really hard to like the music but it was too jazzy

Then Gary woke me up by flushing the loo and washing his hands - (we have really thin walls ) and then he came to tell me it was raining and what was for lunch ?

I now have a washing line full of wet washing 

Anyway im sure im wrong, but it just shows how much the new album is on my mind

 

 

Why couldn't i just have a dream like everyone else - where i get to have my wicked way with Bruce Springsteen 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nicholas said:

All jokes aside, if Bruce does indeed put an album out this year, that'll make two albums in two years. Perhaps this is a floodgate opening for Bruce?

I remember that quote he had around the time of Wrecking Ball, when he made some comment akin to "light at the end of the tunnel focuses the mind." Not that anything is suspect with his health, but perhaps he senses his age catching up with him, and is feeling motivated to empty the vaults, so to speak. Patti did say he has been "prolific" lately.

Western Stars was apparently recorded several years ago though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's deconstruct the signs, then. If Aniello's post was, in fact, a harmless misunderstanding...

What should we make of the rumor from Italy, given that source's accuracy with WS last year?

What should we make of the comments from the guys on the None But the Brave podcast?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Let's deconstruct the signs, then. If Aniello's post was, in fact, a harmless misunderstanding...

What should we make of the rumor from Italy, given that source's accuracy with WS last year?

What should we make of the comments from the guys on the None But the Brave podcast?

I’m confident we’re going to get an album before the election - given Bruce’s statements in recent weeks and months he definitely has a lot to say on current affairs, and I’d be shocked if he hasn’t continued that theme in the studio. 
 

Regarding other information we’ve had, we know that E Street were in the studio last year and that Bruce and Ron have been hard at work in the studio during lockdown. We also had Nils saying Bruce was working on a promising sounding album. 
 

Coupled with the podcast, Ron’s teasers (other than the storm one that I never really saw as a teaser anyway) as well as recent remarks on E Street Radio, the delaying of Tracks, and the rumours you mentioned there’s just too much going on for there not to be something coming - here’s hoping!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...