I've not seen either - both on at the same time. It's the Never Go Back one for Tom Cruise.

Is The Martian another one like the Sandra Bullock one?  Don't tell me the ending.

Which one?

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've not seen either - both on at the same time. It's the Never Go Back one for Tom Cruise.

Is The Martian another one like the Sandra Bullock one?  Don't tell me the ending.

Which one?

I'd go for The Martian ;) Reacher another time.

10 hours ago, JimCT said:

I'd go for The Martian ;) Reacher another time.

By heck, it's quiet round here. Yes, that's the one I watched and I thought it was great. Kinda knew what would happen but still enjoyed it ... liked the fact it was funny in parts.

I remember asking my son if he thought I'd enjoy Jack Reacher ... but can't remember what he said. :)

On 9/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, cobalt said:

Tom Cruise should NEVER have been cast as Jack Reacher. Worst casting decision ever, if you are a fan of the books. 

When you are one of the Producers, you can be a foot shorter and 100 pounds lighter then the portrait character.  

You know if you watch the first film without reading the book(s). It really doesn't matter. Good actor, great action, you get the picture.   

• Like 1

Yes, that flick would be ok...if the character’s name was Joe Blow or something. However, Jack Reacher is a known entity, and his huge size and strength is almost another character in the books. He is also said to be not particularly good looking. A big, lumbering guy, who is actually much smarter than expected. 

Cruise? A little, tiny, pretty man. Not remotely Reacher-like. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've never heard of Jack Reacher - other than the fact that Cruise plays him - so I'll give it a try.

If you like action and violence you'll love it. Plus I believe the way the film was shot, made Tom look bigger then what he truly is.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:47 AM, Eileen said:

Depends on the violence. If it's comic strip stuff, you know, like Die Hard ... then ok.

Id take Bruce  Willis  any day over Tom Cruise 

Pity his ex wives  - i hope they  all took him to the cleaners