Greasy Lake Community

Bruce songs that sound like someone else's

I never could have imagined I would see the day of the posting of a Guus Meeuwis song on Greasy Lake on Monday Evening.:o:o:o

Don't you all think @Marnix should be banned (yes banned!:angry::angry::angry:) from Greasy Lake for this horrible crime?:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:D:D:D:D:D

(en dan ben ik ook nog een geboren en getogen Brabander, dat is het niet (wel uit een heel ander gedeelte van Brabant dan Guus Meeuwis)).

Meanwhile, the similarities with (or influence of) Jacob's Ladder indeed can not be denied.

• Haha 1

@Lampi I thought it was by Dutch fans well known that Guus Meeuwis is a fan of Springsteen. He also visited concerts of Springsteen and had at Pinkpop a meet and Greet. And there are more Springsteen inspired songs of Guus Meeuwis.

And last week I visited a corona proof concert of Guus Meeuwis and before the show some Springsteen songs were played over the PA. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Factory and this:

Thank you for posting this. When I first heard Factory (1984) it seemed familiar to something I heard an easy listening (101 strings type) version of many years before. I could never find any reference to such an instrumental version of Factory. Maybe a version of this is what I heard.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mariasbed said:

There are well known ones with Bruce like Badlands, (We gotta get out of this place)

Actually I always thought that “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by The Animals is the riff that got ripped off in “Badlands”.  Check it out:

5 hours ago, Marnix said:

@Lampi I thought it was by Dutch fans well known that Guus Meeuwis is a fan of Springsteen. He also visited concerts of Springsteen and had at Pinkpop a meet and Greet. And there are more Springsteen inspired songs of Guus Meeuwis.

And last week I visited a corona proof concert of Guus Meeuwis and before the show some Springsteen songs were played over the PA. 

Wait ! We need to know more about this corina proff concert 

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Wait ! We need to know more about this corina proff concert 

It was in a venue were usually around 1400 people fit but now it was with maximum 400 people. And you were sitting at small tables of two. And in between every table like 2 meter distance. And when you arrive they let people in per 2 and you pick up your drinks by the bar and take them with you and during the show you are not allowed to walk and the bars are closed. The only thing was it not allowed during the show is sing a long and that is sometimes very difficult. 
when the show was over they let the people out in small groups to keep distance and people really pay attention about this. 
I must see although it was a different way of experience a concert I really enjoyed this evening. And I know it is not reliable to make profit out of fit but at least it was something. And after 7 months no concerts this was already a pleasant surprise and experience to do this. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Actually I always thought that “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by The Animals is the riff that got ripped off in “Badlands”.  Check it out:

You're right, my mistake!

• Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, Marnix said:

It was in a venue were usually around 1400 people fit but now it was with maximum 400 people. And you were sitting at small tables of two. And in between every table like 2 meter distance. And when you arrive they let people in per 2 and you pick up your drinks by the bar and take them with you and during the show you are not allowed to walk and the bars are closed. The only thing was it not allowed during the show is sing a long and that is sometimes very difficult. 
when the show was over they let the people out in small groups to keep distance and people really pay attention about this. 
I must see although it was a different way of experience a concert I really enjoyed this evening. And I know it is not reliable to make profit out of fit but at least it was something. And after 7 months no concerts this was already a pleasant surprise and experience to do this. 

Its sounds a really good night out and also terribly civilized 

Glad you got to go

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Some of its just maths or something isnt it ?

I mean there are 12 keys in music

There must be a finite number of possible arrangements 

You would think so, but in bell ringing - change ringing - the bells are rung in a different order every time and people are continually composing new arrangements that haven't been rung before.   However, melody and musical qualities are not what's being sought, it's just mathematical patterns.

1 minute ago, Rizla said:

You would think so, but in bell ringing - change ringing - the bells are rung in a different order every time and people are continually composing new arrangements that haven't been rung before.   However, melody and musical qualities are not what's being sought, it's just mathematical patterns.

Bell ringing is a very beautiful thing

In Wellington the national war memorial was just up the road from where i worked

If the wind blew the right way you could here the Carillon practice 

1 hour ago, dublinpaul said:

Rosalita is very like Can you please crawl out your window? by Dylan. 

I've not heard that before but yes, the chorus. Well I never. Crikey, even the bit before that.