Greasy Lake Community

Whitetown should have been on The River.

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

When is Chevolette getting a release

Maybe what is in circulation is all; Chrevolette Deluxe demos, showing development of the song (more demo than song) as work-in-progress; fascinating stuff for diehard fans; but never got beyond that demo stage, never recorded in the studio as a proper song with the band; so this the reason it was never released.

Counter-argument is some songs on The Ties That Bind -and The Promise- also were never really proper songs until they were finished with 2015 vocals and overdubs (2010 vocals and overdubs for The Promise).

Just now, Lampi said:

Maybe what is in circulation is all; Chrevelotte Deluxe demos, showing development of the song; fascinating stuff for diehards fans; but never got beyond that demo stage, never recorded in the studio as a proper song with the band; so that the reason it was never released.

Counter-argument is that some songs on Ties That Bind -and The Promise- also were never really proper songs until they were finished with 2015 vocals and overdubs (2010 vocals and overdubs for The Promise).

Sad sigh

See i enjoyed the promise box set so much i did quite a bit of homework for the river box and i brought an outtake bootleg and i really loved what i heard of Chevrolet delux

7 hours ago, Jertucky said:

If you have the song Roulette and don’t put it on an album then you have misconceived your album. Are you telling me Ramrod and Stolen Car had a spot on the same album but not Roulette? I mean, he wasn’t putting out full concept albums like Pink Floyd. 
I have always assumed Jackson Cage was about his sister and Jackson was a reference to Jackson, NJ, a town in Ocean County which borders Bruce’s home county of Monmouth.

You are a very good wum btw

just saying

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

And very accurate.

I wouldn't say accurate, because that is just your opinion.

Most times, you are wrong.......but that is just my opinion.

Your winding up of fans on here is often a brilliant disguise as it's never really offensive.  I do find wums funny these days, especially some of the aggresive ones on the Lions Den. 

It's a shame you seem to prefer winding people up as I think you'd enjoy the lake more if you joined in.

Anyway, nevermind..btw your username always reminds of the Kentucky Derby, dunno why just does.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I wouldn't say accurate, because that is just your opinion.

Most times, you are wrong.......but that is just my opinion.

Your winding up of fans on here is often a brilliant disguise as it's never really offensive.  I do find wums funny these days, especially some of the aggresive ones on the Lions Den. 

It's a shame you seem to prefer winding people up as I think you'd enjoy the lake more if you joined in.

Anyway, nevermind..btw your username always reminds of the Kentucky Derby, dunno why just does.

The last post was obviously just to get a reaction from you. All in fun.

The previous post really wasn’t just looking for a reaction though. Roulette is a great song. One of his best. On an album that included very diverse sounds, I think he overthought the song by not including it on the album. As I said, it’s not Darkside of the Moon or anything. It’s not one central theme connecting the album. Anyway, it’s just an opinion.

The winding up of people that you see is really just a different point of view. I don’t love everything he’s done, especially the last decade or so. Particularly the last album/movie/Broadway show. I am a wiseass by nature (Born in Brooklyn, raised in Jersey so it comes kind of naturally) so that comes through as well. I don’t know Roy, I love his music overall. I’d like him to find the inspiration make great music again. I’m honestly sick of hearing him talk about his father, I’m sick of hearing him talk about his politics. I’d love to hear it put into a passionate, rocking album. We’ll see what happens with this next release (if it’s really coming out soon).

As for the name reminding you of the Kentucky Derby, I have been living in Kentucky for 23 years now so the name is an homage to the two places I have lived the longest.

Have a good evening Roy. Or day where you are I suppose.

7 hours ago, The Dynamo said:

These are my 3 favorite too! Jackson Cage is very underrated, a great punchy rock song. 

Yes I've said sometimes Jackson Cage is the most underrated Bruce Springsteen song. Not so sure about that now (probably also because of a general re-appreciation of The River album since The River 2016 Tour).

Life Itself is a very good contender too. And Missing.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:52 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Especially that live version on the Tempe blu ray. Incredible. 

That show is the best recording of them that I’ve seen. Just amazing. Jackson Cage is great, one of the best on the album. Love the harmonica solo. Whitetown is decent but not quite top tier for me.

Of all the River outtakes, Be True, Loose Ends, Restless Nights and Roulette are the only songs that absolutely should have been on the album that weren’t. Most of the other songs are solid, but didn’t necessarily have to be on the album.

9 hours ago, Declansk said:

Of all the River outtakes, Be True, Loose Ends, Restless Nights and Roulette are the only songs that absolutely should have been on the album that weren’t. Most of the other songs are solid, but didn’t necessarily have to be on the album.

Take 'Em As They Come!:) A fantastic song.

Also: Where The Bands Are, I Wanna Be With You, but less essential than Take 'Em As They Come (this all of course a matter and opinion and personal taste). 

• Like 1