Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen to Speak at Boston College Convocation Thursday

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish when i was a student I could have studied Born To Run, i might not have been kicked out of school 

Bruce is on at 25.45.

My daughter moved in for her freshman year on August 22nd. She had to wait in line to get a COVID test completed, then couldn’t leave her room other than to get boxed meals until her results came back

4 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

I wish when i was a student I could have studied Born To Run, i might not have been kicked out of school :D

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 4

I didn't know it was down to 500 votes in 2000 - i mean i knew it was close but ...sad only half of young people vote

That's not ment as a politucal comment as such - im just listening to what Bruce said

1 minute ago, JoanFontaine said:

I think we were very lucky to have seen that.  In non-covid times, some schools make their convocations available on line, but I don't think BC does. 

I was thinking kind of the same thing, its certainly something ive never seen or heard of before and yes it was awsome to be able to watch it, not just the Bruce factor either

I feel sorry for the first year students that are missing out on a lot of what usually happens when everyone is actually at the university in person, but in 2020 its just the way it is and has to be for everyone 

Ive never heard of the word convocations before 

Personally i love how he reminded every one he doesn't have a university degree

"I got into rock and roll for the sex, the drugs, and the sex! Wait, that's the wrong speech" I am so fucking stealing that quote.

My college's "convocation", though it was called orientation, was just okay. The speech given by the president and higher members of the school was given in the auditorium. The auditorium has bad sound quality, even by auditorium standards. I was sitting around the middle, towards the back, and I couldn't make out a single word being said.

30 minutes ago, lilbud said:

"I got into rock and roll for the sex, the drugs, and the sex! Wait, that's the wrong speech" I am so fucking stealing that quote.

My college's "convocation", though it was called orientation, was just okay. The speech given by the president and higher members of the school was given in the auditorium. The auditorium has bad sound quality, even by auditorium standards. I was sitting around the middle, towards the back, and I couldn't make out a single word being said.

But if your orientation was anything like what ive seen of the university of Otago orientation im sure you still had a great time ! (Any burning couches ?)

• Haha 1

I thought it was funny the way he answered the question about his Catholicism - i mean we knew to know an answer like that was comming but im not so sure some of those priests did :lol:

"6 years of Catholic school almost cured me of Catholicism" :lol:

• Haha 2