Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen to Speak at Boston College Convocation Thursday

40 minutes ago, lilbud said:

"I got into rock and roll for the sex, the drugs, and the sex! Wait, that's the wrong speech" I am so fucking stealing that quote.

My college's "convocation", though it was called orientation, was just okay. The speech given by the president and higher members of the school was given in the auditorium. The auditorium has bad sound quality, even by auditorium standards. I was sitting around the middle, towards the back, and I couldn't make out a single word being said.

I'll be honest I don't remember much of mind, except the promise I took  for my Dad (and then broke) but on the way to fixing it :-)

This would have been awesome at Liberty Uni, would probably have Jerry Falwell Jr. preaching about sex as a sin. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish when i was a student I could have studied Born To Run, i might not have been kicked out of school 

Bruce is on at 25.45.

My daughter moved in for her freshman year on August 22nd. She had to wait in line to get a COVID test completed, then couldn’t leave her room other than to get boxed meals until her results came back

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I thought it was funny the way he answered the question about his Catholicism - i mean we knew to know an answer like that was comming but im not so sure some of those priests did :lol:

"6 years of Catholic school almost cured me of Catholicism" :lol:

Yeah and I noticed the presenter wasn't as enthusiastic about that answer as she was about the others he gave :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mazdaq said:

Yeah and I noticed the presenter wasn't as enthusiastic about that answer as she was about the others he gave :lol:

Have I missed a link or is there anywhere we can watch this? I mean now, I know it's already taken place.

30 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Have I missed a link or is there anywhere we can watch this? I mean now, I know it's already taken place.

I havn't seen anything on u tube yet but im sure it will pop up soon

It was very enjoyable and the Q&A was a thousand times better than the lamo questions on the promise doco / carousel show bonus footage

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

That last question/answer!!  Loved every minute of it. 

YES - it was once again (like most of his work) "inspiring" and I totally agree - the last question / answer put EVERYTHING in to perspective, for ALL of us (if we are so blessed). Great stuff! (and those band relations...…….Blood Brothers!)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Eileen said:

That was so good. Thanks, Lorraine.

Bruce was his usual unfiltered, truthful self. Well done.

Oh, I've just seen that Joan F actually put the link on page 1 of this thread! I searched for it 'over yonder' if you get my drift ;) (or Eileen's). I haven't watched it yet - looking forward to it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I was thinking kind of the same thing, its certainly something ive never seen or heard of before and yes it was awsome to be able to watch it, not just the Bruce factor either

I feel sorry for the first year students that are missing out on a lot of what usually happens when everyone is actually at the university in person, but in 2020 its just the way it is and has to be for everyone 

Ive never heard of the word convocations before 

Personally i love how he reminded every one he doesn't have a university degree

My daughter moved in for her freshman year on August 22nd. She had to wait in line to get a COVID test completed, then couldn’t leave her room other than to get boxed meals until her results came back 2+ days later. Her result came back negative and she was freed. On August 31st she was told that she had come in direct contact with somebody that tested positive so she was shipped off campus to a hotel to complete a 14 day quarantine which will conclude on Monday. It’s not exactly been an ideal start to the college experience for her.

• Sad 6
4 hours ago, Jertucky said:

My daughter moved in for her freshman year on August 22nd. She had to wait in line to get a COVID test completed, then couldn’t leave her room other than to get boxed meals until her results came back 2+ days later. Her result came back negative and she was freed. On August 31st she was told that she had come in direct contact with somebody that tested positive so she was shipped off campus to a hotel to complete a 14 day quarantine which will conclude on Monday. It’s not exactly been an ideal start to the college experience for her.

That's a real sad start to college:(

Maybe they should just study remotly :(

Thank goodness she isnt sick

Best wishes to her for her study

Things will return to some sort of nornal for all of us - im just not sure when :(

• Love Love Love! 1
25 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That's a real sad start to college:(

Maybe they should just study remotly :(

Thank goodness she isnt sick

Best wishes to her for her study

Things will return to some sort of nornal for all of us - im just not sure when :(

Thanks daisy.

she was given the option of coming home for the quarantine but wanted to stay up by college. For all the flack this generation gets for being soft they are certainly being presented with some difficulties to overcome.

• Like 1
Just now, Jertucky said:

Thanks daisy.

she was given the option of coming home for the quarantine but wanted to stay up by college. For all the flack this generation gets for being soft they are certainly being presented with some difficulties to overcome.

They will have some great stories to tell their grandchildren 

I hope the hotel was a nice one and the food good

44 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

They will have some great stories to tell their grandchildren 

I hope the hotel was a nice one and the food good

Nice hotel, crappy cafeteria food carted over to the hotel from the college. I don’t mind her facing this adversity though. Overall, it’s basically harmless and will help her develop some resiliency.

(Now in 50 years, she may be on Broadway singing songs and telling stories about how difficult her dad made her life but that path has proven fruitful for some ;).)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jertucky said:

So sorry to hear this.  

Of course I’m very glad to hear that thus far she’s ok; and of course we all hope she remains healthy.  

• Like 3

Really enjoyed watching that tonight. Bruce was excellent as ever, and I thought the questions from the students were really good. Much better than some of the ridiculous questions he gets asked in normal interviews. 

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

So sorry to hear this.  

Of course I’m very glad to hear that thus far she’s ok; and of course we all hope she remains healthy.  

Thank you. She’s pretty tough and her lack of desire to come back home will push her through I’m sure.

• Like 2