Greasy Lake Community

NEW SINGLE: Letter To You

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Track-listing going around has also been confirmed by Apple Music

7C6A5FF0-0FD9-4B6E-986A-7589EDED18AE.thumb.png.9d5a0294c1dc7f033a24222c64246864.png

Wasn't 'If I was the priest' the song Bruce told John Hammond he would never release?

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It's the most "E Street" sounding thing I've heard him do in a long, long time. Can't quite pick the lyrics just yet but the sound is great.

The vocals are pretty bad. I can only listen to a snippet of it though on Itunes store

2 minutes ago, The_Magic Rat said:

The vocals are pretty bad. I can only listen to a snippet of it though on Itunes store

Thought his voice sounds great to be honest.

Lyrically it's ok but the sound of the band is great. This is 78/81 type band sound.

I'm a devoted Western Stars fan. This is going to be something really different. Can't wait to hear more.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Lyrically it's ok but the sound of the band is great. This is 78/81 type band sound.

I'm a devoted Western Stars fan. This is going to be something really different. Can't wait to hear more.

Think that is my problem. Western stars demonstrated the true genius of the man, the artist. I hope that this is not a generic effort or there is no point 

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It kind of reminds me of the 'Blood Brothers' recording we hear on the DVD. The unfiltered sound of the E Street Band arranging themselves. 

• Bruuuuce! 2
2 minutes ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Think that is my problem. Western stars demonstrated the true genius of the man, the artist. I hope that this is not a generic effort or there is no point 

On that we agree. Also bear in mind that the stuff they released first off WS wasn't a patch on the deeper album cuts.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

What are the opening lines? Can't make them out at all.

'Neath a crowd of mongrel trees

I pulled that bothersome thread

Got down on my knees

Grabbed my pen and bowed my head

Tried to summon all that my heart finds true

And send it in my letter to you

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Just now, Frank said:

'Neath a crowd of mongrel trees

I pulled that bothersome thread

Got down on my knees