Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

Because this is a single and not the album, we are listening to it in that context--but Bruce is usually an album guy, aiming for cohesion. It will be interesting to hear it within the context of the album. 

Which I am also looking forward to doing :)

High Hopes? Cohesion?

It's romantic thinking to think that this song is some sort of letter to his fans, and a stretch at that.

If that's what he intended then shame on him for gifting us such a lame set of lyrics.

Just now, Promise61 said:

It's romantic thinking to think that this song is some sort of letter to his fans, and a stretch at that.

If that's what he intended then shame on him for gifting us such a lame set of lyrics.

Awww quit yer whingeing, Paul.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, rockaway88 said:

I like it on first listen. It gives me Lucky Day vibes from WOAD. I interpret the letter in the song to be a symbol for his career, which he sent to his listeners.

Agree, and I interpreted it the same way... 

1 hour ago, Bullett said:

Can anybody hear elements of 'Land Of Hope And Dreams' when Bruce's vocals come in...?
Been going around in my head for over 5 hours ;) Love it.

I also heard lohad immediately. Also the sync of melody and vocals remind of My Lucky Day somewhat. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

High Hopes? Cohesion?

I wrote "usually."

My sense of this album is that will have a unifying thread. Assuming that there will be some political matter (whether specific or more broad), based on this song alone, I think integrity, honesty, truth, and ethics will be themes, overt or subtle.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Simple does not equal lame.

But beauty (and lameness) is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, red headed woman said:

It's such an easy song to enjoy and seeing the band back together is just joyus. This is just what 2020 needed

Once again Bruce does the right thing at the right time :wub:

Absolutely. His judgement is spot on most of the time and rarely lets us down. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I don't think it's addressed to the fans.  I hear it as a message to the band, and Patti as an individual.

• Like 3

A nice surprise to find on YT when I went on it tonight; 

Musically probably the most EStreet sounding song for quite a while.

Lyrically I'm not sure yet,not the best but not awful.

Vocally doesn't sound quite right but glad that his voice hasn't totally gone like I feared when listening to some of the live WS songs.

Points go to the sisters friends husbands brother working in a supermarket who called Letter To You as the title the other day.

The downside is that normally we'd now be getting worked up about the imminent tour but of course that's not going to happen for the foreseeable.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Dude!...For the love of

aw fuckit :wacko:

9 hours ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Think that is my problem. Western stars demonstrated the true genius of the man, the artist. I hope that this is not a generic effort or there is no point 

After western stars, this album has a hell of a lot to live up to. WS is genius an absolute classic. 

• Like 3

New Bruce music always feels like a punctuation in my life, a pause to let the new sound flow and grow around me. Like previous new records, in time this too will be associated with a mood and a feeling and a timeline for me. Hmmm.  End of musing.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Yes i dedinatly hear kingdom of days

The difference here is KOD is a stone cold classic, this is very average but hopefully a grower, they sometimes are. Nice to get the E. street sound back though. 

• Like 2

This is fandom at its finest. You dont have to like it or love it or hate it. No rules to music. It hits you or it doesnt. No need to be angry if you like it and  someone doesnt. The only I know about music is I'M always right about the things I like. 

• Like 5