Greasy Lake Community

NEW SINGLE: Letter To You

So the new song - it’s reasonably catchy. It’s kind of generic but I’m hoping it grows on me a little more. I liked it more the second time I listened to it. I can see it being a fun song in concert, if there is ever such a think as live concerts again.... we can hope. 

I am so glad to hear the band at this point that I love it just because they are on it. Go ahead and criticize me for this opinion but I just hate acoustic Bruce. I think acoustic Bruce is a waste of Bruce. We are all entitled to our opinions and that’s mine.

The lyrics seem a little strained to me - “blood” does not rhyme with “good,” just as one example. 

I don’t hear it as a letter (song) to the fans. I hear it more as a personal letter to Patti and/or the band. 

I’m looking forward to listening to the whole thing on 10/23, and that’s a good feeling. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Skin2Skin said:

He writes a blog (The Old Grey Cat) mostly about music, but also memories. His audience is early Gen X-ers and late Baby Boomers, he says :) 

Ah no, I meant who is Brucies audience as per your hubbies blog. He gives us loads of choices!! 

• Like 1
On 9/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, Eileen said:

I referred to it as a catchy tune earlier. Can't be that catchy cos I was sitting in a café today, trying to remember the song.

Nothing. Zilch. I'll wait until the cd comes out before I listen to it again to remind me.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning with the chorus going round in my head.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
On 9/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, Thunder Roadie said:

I’m not sure of the point of comparing every release with pre1980 . Yes we can wax lyrical about those wonderful days but I do get a little irked by people writing off songs because they don’t match this era . I find Letter to You a song with an average intro which improves dramatically by the time it reaches the chorus . I agree you can hear HT/LT era in those early notes but the chorus well and truly shakes off those comparisons and sets the tone for the rest of what is a very good song . 
l particularly love the metaphor of letter writing to express his message. There’s something poignant and romantic about it and I feel it adds some emotion to the song. 

A note to Jon Landau - you had better explain letter writing on the album notes for the under 30 fan base though ! :D

I Wrote It In My Email To You.

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Aha!  This proves that Bruce wrote this song in the pre internet age.

:blink:

Though the "length" of this letter in this song could sadly, but easily fit in a 140 letters tweet...

Good to hear him back with the band which is still roll-licking, but that letter could have been a bit 'wordier'.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CologneFan said:

Though the "length" of this letter in this song could sadly, but easily fit in a 140 letters tweet...

Good to hear him back with the band which is still roll-licking, but that letter could have been a bit 'wordier'.

I was thinking just last night at least its not a text 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I was thinking just last night at least its not a text 

Hello Daisey, how is Wangas?

Do we know if Bruce knows how to text, he is a senior citizen.

After a number of listens the song has grown on me and are really anticipating the album.

59 minutes ago, kiwiprofessor said:

Hello Daisey, how is Wangas?

Do we know if Bruce knows how to text, he is a senior citizen.

After a number of listens the song has grown on me and are really anticipating the album.

I am so happy to hear from you Kiwi

Im really looking forward to the album

Best wishes to Mrs Kiwi too and hope all is well with you too

Wangas would be better if i had a job and could get my house insulated but we'll be ok 

We get nice sunny days here - although when it rains it pours -  but its colder at night than in Tawa/ Porirua / Whitby