Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

If I was going to be ultra critical I'd say that I'd have liked a sax solo. Jake is listed in the press blurb so hopefully there's some nice sax elsewhere on the album.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

If I was going to be ultra critical I'd say that I'd have liked a sax solo. Jake is listed in the press blurb so hopefully there's some nice sax elsewhere on the album.

Ya - where’s Jake ?

Well this has certainly put a smile back on the face after these hard last few months. Very radio friendly which is probably why it's the title track. I loved Western Stars and would have been happy to have more solo work, but I know many wanted an E Street album. It sounds promising. 

I'm looking forward to hearing If I Was The Priest (always loved that outtake) and Song For Orphans as I thought when he brought that out on the Devils tour it was an outstanding performance 

• Bruuuuce! 1

I was watching a Spanish thing on Netflex ....

Thanks for the wake up :) Andrew

I really like it

This must have been recorded a while ago or else everyone is in one big band 

Ohhh i really like it 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

After the worst past few months, I SO needed this 

Me too

Things will be on the up now

• Like 1

I like the sentiment of the song but it feels very generic. I feel it would work better as acoustic or western stars style... but that is just my preference

3 minutes ago, The_Magic Rat said:

I like the sentiment of the song but it feels very generic. I feel it would work better as acoustic or western stars style... but that is just my preference

I don’t disagree. I loved Western Stars, but I always try to keep in mind that with Bruce songs are often part of the larger tapestry of the album. 

He seems to be talking about his life’s work, and it’s in the same mode he’s been in for a while with WS, the book, and Broadway: looking back on his life’s work and trying to make sense of it.

As a song, it may not be the most profound of things. But it allows us to see another take on his reflections about his work. 

• Like 3

Its great to see the band 

This is the best ESB video ever

Love the organ (wish it was Danny)

Everyone looks happy to be together 

Making me very happy

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Appleorchard253 said:

I don’t disagree. I loved Western Stars, but I always try to keep in mind that with Bruce songs are often part of the larger tapestry of the album. 

He seems to be talking about his life’s work, and it’s in the same mode he’s been in for a while with WS, the book, and Broadway: looking back on his life’s work and trying to make sense of it.

As a song, it may not be the most profound of things. But it allows us to see another take on his reflections about his work. 

That's what im thinking but it feels more inclusive

• Like 2
Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

Its great to see the band 

This is the best ESB video ever

Love the organ (wish it was Danny)

Everyone looks happy to be together 

Making me very happy

Are you going to sleep tonight?

1 minute ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

I thought it had a bit of Kingdom of Days in it as well,as well as LOHAD

Yes i dedinatly hear kingdom of days