Greasy Lake Community

NEW SINGLE: Letter To You

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

:lol:

Probably not for ages !

Where is @Jimmy James and @Brilliant Disguise - i reallu hope they love this and Mr  @Jertucky

Holy smoke, I've been awake for about 3 hours. Checked out a couple work site we have going and just made it to the office. I've heard this tune twice now. I need something harder. But it's a fine tune. 

Don't know if this has been said yet, as I'm not going to go through the 4 pages in two hours worth of posts. But on ESR, Bruce's statement says: "They recorded the whole album in 5 days, with the full band all in the studio at once. No over dubs. 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

Just now, Jimmy James said:

Holy smoke, I've been awake for about 3 hours. Checked out a couple work site we have going and just made it to the office. I've heard this tune twice now. I need something harder. But it's a fine tune. 

Don't know if this has been said yet, as I'm not going to go through the 4 pages in two hours worth of posts. But on ESR, Bruce's statement says: "They recorded the whole album in 5 days, with the full band all in the studio at once. No over dubs. 

I love it Jimmy

Its a ton more optimistic than WS

My heart sings listening to this, not breaks like listening to WS 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That's what im thinking but it feels more inclusive

Indeed, and he has yet to do it with the ESB, which is an important part of his journey and his story. 

Im thinking in terms of the larger narrative of his work. If Magic opened with “Radio Nowhere” and he’s asking “is there anybody alive out there” or “does anyone still care about what I have to say,” it feels like this “Letter to Us” might be asking a different question: “how do I begin to say goodbye to my audience?” Not necessarily in the sense that he’s retiring necessarily, but he does turn 71 in a couple of weeks. WS was all about coming to terms with mortality, this might be a continuation of that exploration.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
42 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

That's basically what we got via e-mail from Bruce himself. It sounds like a Neil Young recording approach. Or, put it in another way, The Seeger Sessions approach done with the E Street Band. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Appleorchard253 said:

Indeed, and he has yet to do it with the ESB, which is an important part of his journey and his story. 

Im thinking in terms of the larger narrative of his work. If Magic opened with “Radio Nowhere” and he’s asking “is there anybody alive out there” or “does anyone still care about what I have to say,” it feels like this “Letter to Us” might be asking a different question: “how do I begin to say goodbye to my audience?” Not necessarily in the sense that he’s retiring necessarily, but he does turn 71 in a couple of weeks. WS was all about coming to terms with mortality, this might be a continuation of that exploration.

I don't think so much a goodbuy as almost a love letter to the ESB