Greasy Lake Community

NEW SINGLE: Letter To You

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing quite like hearing new Bruce for the first time. No other artist will ever make me feel this way. Don’t ever stop Bruce. Music needs you. 

Bruce's recording and songwriting career has basically been his own life story. His songs and albums through the years have reflected the part of his life he was in both at that time and occasionally

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

Hey look at it this way: Billy Joel hasn’t written one new song in 28 Years lol

Not totally true. There was this one in 2007 for wife number, er I forget, and then there was another one that someone else recorded.

image.png.20b99277cf161af7555130343fdf6e52.png

2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Not totally true. There was this one in 2007 for wife number, er I forget, and then there was another one that someone else recorded.

image.png.20b99277cf161af7555130343fdf6e52.png

Haha ..... it’s too bad, he was a terrific song writer - I think the dude lost a few marbles when Christie dumped him back in 94 or so .... I know I would have lost it lol

Brad

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

Haha ..... it’s too bad, he was a terrific song writer - I think the dude lost a few marbles when Christie dumped him back in 94 or so .... I know I would have lost it lol

Brad

He also got wholeheartedly ripped off by his manager/brother in law. Virtually cleaned him out.

• Sad 1
Just now, Promise61 said:

He also got wholeheartedly ripped off by his manager/brother in law. Virtually cleaned him out.

He did ..... sad ..... but a good reason to keep writing! Strange how one can be considered an artist and just STOP his work forever! I thought this shit was in their blood ?

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

:lol:

Probably not for ages !

Where is @Jimmy James and @Brilliant Disguise - i reallu hope they love this and Mr  @Jertucky

I like it, daisy. It’s promising. On a Springsteen scale of 1 (Real Man, Surprise Surprise, most of Western Stars) to 5 (Thunder Road, Born to Run, Rosalita) i’d put it at a 4- on first listen, which about where I would put songs like 10th Ave. Freezeout. Actually, it kind of reminds me lyrically of a 45 year revisiting of that song. Instead of talking about the promise and forming of the band he seems to be talking about the appreciation he has of the band and it’s impact on him.

• Bruuuuce! 1
11 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

It certainly did ....Anytime the Keyboards are up front i'm excited Daisey !!!!!

Me too:lol:

I hear reflection but its a more happy reflection than WS 

The organ parts just make me smile 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jertucky said:

I like it, daisy. It’s promising. On a Springsteen scale of 1 (Real Man, Surprise Surprise, most of Western Stars) to 5 (Thunder Road, Born to Run, Rosalita) i’d put it at a 4- on first listen. 

That's awsome ! 

Im really glad you like it - i hope @BrilliantDisguise does too

As much as i love WS we all needed an ESB record 

Ive had u tube on repeat for about 30 min now

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
7 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

He did ..... sad ..... but a good reason to keep writing! Strange how one can be considered an artist and just STOP his work forever! I thought this shit was in their blood ?

There's only one thing in Billy's blood and it's about forty per cent proof.

;)

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, after my third listen, it's really good. Unless I've just been that deprived for that long. I love it. 

Now bring on the Thousand Guitars. 

It’s funny, that’s my fear. Do I just like it because I hated the last stuff he put out or do I like it on it’s own merits? Time will tell but for now, it’s working for me.

• Like 2