Greasy Lake Community

6 hours ago, Ciaran said:

Have to agree. Seeing the band together there, new music (which after one listen I'm into), knowing thats just happened with all going on now. Gives a great bit of hope, a boost and a lift that is well needed. Thank you Bruce!

Agree.  

Was also very happy to hear from someone in the know (a very close friend of Steve’s) that it was recorded BEFORE the pandemic hit.  

Great seeing them together, and yes, reminders of hopefully better days ahead.  

• Like 3

If... and only if Springsteen is emotionally ravaged as I have been this year, and I have to believe he is, with his talent, I think we are in for something different than this tone... if he has written anything beyond March 2020. I ain't looking to be soothed. 

But... this is a damn fine song.

I'm not too sure about this video, it was filmed pre COVID19, and really I doubt it was ever meant to be a (proper) video. But it is footage of the E Street band, therefore I welcome it. Also it signals one of my favorite things about the Boss, he's ready to get going regardless.

So am I!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Agreed on all the above. I do worry at how vacant he looks at times though. 

Maybe just age.

Or mebbies he's worn that look since, well, always? You'll find a lot of photos where he looks a bit glaiky. That's what I'm counting on, anyway.

darknessedgeoftown record.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
40 minutes ago, Captain Puget said:

I'm not too sure about this video, it was filmed pre COVID19, and really I doubt it was ever meant to be a (proper) video. But it is footage of the E Street band, therefore I welcome it.

My impression is that the "letter" is addressed (principally) to the band so I think the video captures that.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Captain Puget said:

If... and only if Springsteen is emotionally ravaged as I have been this year, and I have to believe he is, with his talent, I think we are in for something different than this tone... if he has written anything beyond March 2020. I ain't looking to be soothed. 

But... this is a damn fine song.

I'm not too sure about this video, it was filmed pre COVID19, and really I doubt it was ever meant to be a (proper) video. But it is footage of the E Street band, therefore I welcome it. Also it signals one of my favorite things about the Boss, he's ready to get going regardless.

So am I!

A rare Captain P sighting! Welcome back!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Wild Billy said:

Would love to watch but for some reason “not available in my country”. :wacko:

Oh no ! :( that sucks  :angry:

I have felt that kind of pain and it is not nice at all

• Hug 1
47 minutes ago, Rizla said:

My impression is that the "letter" is addressed (principally) to the band so I think the video captures that.

It's typical Bruce, you can interpret it whatever way you want.

But its definitely his message to us, the band, his family telling us what he has tried to achieve over the years.

• Like 5
On 9/10/2020 at 9:33 PM, Ciaran said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned already but I'm feeling a lot of Lucky Day video similarities

You're right. It's a pretty standard format for Bruce sigles these days.

The Working On a Dream and the Tucson Train were basically carbon copies of this.

I think the best thing of this video is the suggestion that the recording sessions were filmed. And given what he says in the press release ( "We made the album in only five days, and it turned out to be one of the greatest recording experiences I’ve ever had” ) I would be surprised the album sessions received a full documentary treatment in the vein the WS film.

• Like 2