Greasy Lake Community

Music that scared you

As a kid, listening to the song "Black Sabbath" at night, staring at that album cover, scared the hell out of me. Does new music still have that or a similar effect on young people these days? I doubt it.

BLACK-SABBATH-Black-Sabbath-Cover.thumb.jpg.0f62831e7ad58162e95c163d4a4c3732.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 2:44 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Suicide by Frankie's teardrop 

This one, definitely. I tried twice to listen to this song but I just couldn't get through it. It was so disturbing.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The three creepiest/scariest songs that come to my mind are:

Frankie Teardrop-Suicide

Heroin-Velvet Underground

The End-The Doors.

If you ever have unwanted guests at your house, throw one of those tunes on and you're sure to scare them off. The Suicide album is tremendous, though.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
On 9/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, LeoGetz said:

As a kid, listening to the song "Black Sabbath" at night, staring at that album cover, scared the hell out of me. Does new music still have that or a similar effect on young people these days? I doubt it.

BLACK-SABBATH-Black-Sabbath-Cover.thumb.jpg.0f62831e7ad58162e95c163d4a4c3732.jpg

Finally clicked on this thread and already decided that this would be my nomination. Totally agree with your comments. Genuinely scared way back then.

• Like 1