Greasy Lake Community

Songs that should have been on an album

4 hours ago, MichaelU1230 said:

30 Days Out....think it too good "just" to be a B-side

Yes!:)  Would have been one of the better songs on Human Touch.

1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

"Brothers under the bridge" should have been on TGOTJ.

And yes.

In the past it was sometimes said Brothers was written and recorded too late for inclusion on Joad, but that seems not to be true, according to the recording details on Brucebase.

13 hours ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

One of my absolute favourites is 'loose ends' incredible to think this hasn't made an album. 

Yeah, I really like that one too. There are so many great outtakes from both The River and Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Here's another favorite of mine. I don't think it should've been on Darkness, would be quite out of place, but it should've been on The Promise. In my opinion it's much better than many of the songs on The Promise.

There are so many unreleased gold nuggets on Youtube, and there's probably more than one great song that's totally unknown, so a Tracks vol. 2 would sure be nice.

• Bruuuuce! 1
13 hours ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

Has there ever been a triple album?

Quite a lot, according to Wikipedia, but most of them are live albums (The Last Waltz!) and compilations etc.(including a few by 'Various Artists'; one of them is No Nukes). And things like Tom Waits' Orphans 3CD collection of previously unreleased songs, and The Grateful Dead Dick's Picks series. In the list is also Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness as a 3 LP album, but on CD it was only 2 CD's ('only' 2 CD's; but 28 songs!).

But also some regular studio albums, including All Things Must Pass (George Harrison), Sandinista! (The Clash) and Will The Circle Be Unbroken (The Nitty Gritty Band) and The Prince albums Emancipation and Crystal Ball; the latter (Crystal Ball) even has a fourth 'bonus disk' (with according to Wikipedia inferior material). Some more, and others with more knowledge about Prince than me might correct me; Emancipation really seems to be a regular studio album, Crystal Ball more a collection of previously bootlegged material (a sort of Tracks then).

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Wasn't The Promise  too devoid of hope for Darkness

I know he's since said it should have been on it but that he was too close to it at the time

Its pretty bleak (genius bleak and my 3rd fav song) and with not a single glimmer of hope, of which the darkness album does most certainly have

I like the fact it didnt get on. I can then extol the virtues of his greatness to anyone who wants to listen, that this is how brilliant he is, that it didnt make the Darkness Cut.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

BITUSA.

I've altered my version on my devices to make it a bit tougher. Out went Darlington County, WOT Highway and I'm On Fire, in went Murder Inc., This Hard Land and Sugarland.

BITU could easily have been a double add those plus janey and a few others. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

BITU could easily have been a double add those plus janey and a few others. 

That's what makes me so excited for an eventual Born in the U.S.A. boxset. There were so many strong outtakes from those sessions. From tracks we already have now ("My Love Will Not Let You Down") to demos that I'd love to hear in crystal clear audio ("Drop On Down and Cover Me").

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1