Greasy Lake Community

23 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Agreed. If Bruce ends up on the Biden campaign trail before 3 November then I suspect he'll play this.

If Biden ends up on the Biden campaign trail before 3 November, then he might hear this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can see them on the tweet Bruce put out with presale info for the LP. Someone transcribed them. Seems pretty obvious this is a political tune. (about you know who.) and has “THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE”

Hopefuly accompanied by angry guitars and pounding drums

Im a rainmaker baby, i rain from toooooown to town

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

Not true.

No, all of it, it's all true

I only found out that the lyrics were on genius and springsteen lyrics when I saw a post asking if rainmaker was the second single because the lyrics are out there.

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

No, all of it, it's all true

I only found out that the lyrics were on genius and springsteen lyrics when I saw a post asking if rainmaker was the second single because the lyrics are out there.

Springsteenlyrics is MY website. I am the one who transcribed the lyrics for both RAINMAKER and IF I WAS THE PRIEST from the high-res image on Twitter. I'm sure you'll find some minor differences between what is on my website and what you transcribed.

1 minute ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

Springsteenlyrics is MY website. I am the one who transcribed the lyrics for both RAINMAKER and IF I WAS THE PRIEST from the high-res image on Twitter. I'm sure you'll find some minor differences between what is on my website and what you transcribed.

Who the fuck cares. Is this a my Dick is bigger than yours deal! Maybe if you came here more offend and post, this wouldn't be an issue? Member since 2003?  

Do you dispute the lyrics that he posted for Rainmaker? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Who the fuck cares. Is this a my Dick is bigger than yours deal! Maybe if you came here more offend and post, this wouldn't be an issue? Member since 2003?  

Do you dispute the lyrics that he posted for Rainmaker? 

Did you even read the above discussion? Or are you just dumb? I'm (amicably) correcting something he wrote about me, not disputing the lyrics he transcribed. Stay out of it.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

Did you even read the above discussion? Or are you just dumb? I'm (amicably) correcting something he wrote about me, not disputing the lyrics he transcribed. Stay out of it.

On a more positive note, the lyrics look great for Rainmaker. Can’t wait to see some more so thanks to all of those people who, in whatever medium, do the hard work for us.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

I was not aware that Springsteen lyrics was your site, sorry for any misunderstanding

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

I'll apologize to you, as it appears that he did steal your shit. 

5 hours ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

Not true.

Hi Eddy

Ive been over at your place this week making use of your hard work. (I have your site on my home screen)

thank you for what you do:)

Nicky

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Eddy Wehbe said:

Looks like Eddy might be the first copier of said lyrics.   But, I don't think copiers should get all hot and bothered if they get copied.

True dat?  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Someone on Instagram said Bruce got the idea for the song based on the 1956 movie The Rainmaker.  

Based on the synopsis and after reading the lyrics, plus Bruce’s love for old movies, sounds feasible.  

The poster also added a comment about the movie made in vista-vision (are there tainted women in the movie???), as well as a political comment that cannot be repeated....

Synopsis of the movie for those (like myself) who are not familiar: 

Description

During the Great Depression, a drought is wreaking havoc on a small, destitute Kansas town. Bill Starbuck (Burt Lancaster), a slick grifter, arrives in town, promising he can make it rain in exchange for $100. His offer is accepted by H. C. Curry (Cameron Prudhomme), a rancher whose spinster daughter, Lizzie (Katharine Hepburn), is desperate for a suitor. Lizzie finally finds confidence when Starbuck, ever the smooth talker, convinces her she's beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

Looks like Eddy might be the first copier of said lyrics.   But, I don't think copiers should get all hot and bothered if they get copied.

True dat?  :)

Im just pleased that they both wrote the lyrics out for me/ us/ everyone because no way could i see that for myself

• Like 1
3 hours ago, risingaurora said:

Gee its getting all BTX down at the lake.......not good. Chill the fuck out. 

Things always look worth over the internet

I think its a genuine misunderstanding between 3 very nice people

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
16 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Someone on Instagram said Bruce got the idea for the song based on the 1956 movie The Rainmaker.  

Based on the synopsis and after reading the lyrics, plus Bruce’s love for old movies, sounds feasible.  

The poster also added a comment about the movie made in vista-vision (are there tainted women in the movie???), as well as a political comment that cannot be repeated....

Synopsis of the movie for those (like myself) who are not familiar: 

Description

During the Great Depression, a drought is wreaking havoc on a small, destitute Kansas town. Bill Starbuck (Burt Lancaster), a slick grifter, arrives in town, promising he can make it rain in exchange for $100. His offer is accepted by H. C. Curry (Cameron Prudhomme), a rancher whose spinster daughter, Lizzie (Katharine Hepburn), is desperate for a suitor. Lizzie finally finds confidence when Starbuck, ever the smooth talker, convinces her she's beautiful.

So it's not about that 5 letter word! 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Ooh, if I may say, unnecessary aggression here Jimbo.