Greasy Lake Community

New archive September: 6 augustus 1984

Wow, listening to born in the USA now and I’m blown away by the power. This just has to be one of the best intro “a-one, two, a-one two three fooouurr” count ins to BITUSA I’ve ever heard. Modern day versions just cannot compare. Brilliant. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not I - the 5th, 8th, 10th, 17th, and 20th were my 5 This recording of SFM sounds wonderful, doesn't it? But like you I was at the 6 Jul 85 show at Wembley - "this songs especially for London",

I remember it well, it was my first Springsteen show, 8/6/84. The 18 year old version of me went to the Meadowlands Arena that night, totally stoked about hearing snippets of the first night at the Ar

There you go Bruce, you used to be able to play Spirit In The Night without 10 minutes demanding to know whether we can feel the spirit!

Posted Images

IMHO not as good of a show overall as Aug 20 (personally, my favorite officially released BITUSA show). However, Nebraska and Street Fighting Man are simply stunning, and I'm a Rocker is perhaps the best live version I've ever heard. Open All Night is very good too, especially its intro.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

This just has to be one of the best intro “a-one, two, a-one two three fooouurr” count ins to BITUSA I’ve ever heard. Modern day versions just cannot compare. Brilliant. 

Yeah, those were the days for count ins.

For those wondering, the HD-FLAC download weighs in at a whopping 6.93GB.  That probably explains the $24.95 price tag. 

(7/9/81 is 5.72GB)

I remember buying a 10GB drive in 2000 for $100 from CompUSA.  This release would have consumed 70% of that drive.

Listening to it, right now, Saturday morning here at home, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Wonderful concert! Grat choice, and excellent sound quality! Thanks Bruce and Inc. for the Archive Series!!!!

Regards and a happy weekend for all!

• Like 2

I am happy with another BitUSA release and I really like to hear songs from Nebraska, the intense version of My Hometown, great cover version of Street Fighting Man and off course Racing in the Street, jungleland and Rosalita.

And we have another concert which is used for Live 1975-85. Still a few shows to go and we have all shows through the archive series who are recorded for the live album 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Marnix said:

And we have another concert which is used for Live 1975-85. Still a few shows to go and we have all shows through the archive series who are recorded for the live album 

Which ones from Live 75-85 are missing? I lost control...

2 minutes ago, theseshadows said:

Which ones from Live 75-85 are missing? I lost control...

If I am correct

Nassau colliseum 1980/12/28

Meadowlands 1981/7/6+8

Meadowlands 1984/8/19

Giants Stadium 1985/8/19+21

LA coliseum 1985/9/30

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Wow, listening to born in the USA now and I’m blown away by the power. This just has to be one of the best intro “a-one, two, a-one two three fooouurr” count ins to BITUSA I’ve ever heard. Modern day versions just cannot compare. Brilliant. 

Bruce does do a good count in.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:02 AM, BruceHistory said:

This 'Laker’ NEEDS 10/31/84 and/or ANYTHING from the next month!!! If there was ever a time I wish I was old enough to go on the road to see shows - it would be the month of November, 1984!

Those shows from Oct-Dec he was on fire!! I have several of the boots from those months and they are all outstanding shows. I would love any of them released, even on a two-track recording.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Very nice.  I appreciate the detailed time references (min:sec).  Is that new for your reviews or have I missed it before?

On 9/19/2020 at 4:44 AM, sonicramone said:

Considering im very  frustrated  with ny phone  right now and trying to suck music from my phone  onto my lap top to free up space  (you can imangine how that's  going) 

This thread  is making me laugh with  all the guadduplicate posts 

On 9/19/2020 at 7:13 AM, Early North Jersey said:

One day when this covid bullshit is over and i win lotto and i finally  get to meet everybody this will be your walk on music 

• Love Love Love! 1
11 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

There you go Bruce, you used to be able to play Spirit In The Night without 10 minutes demanding to know whether we can feel the spirit!

Awwwww what's  the fun in that ;)

...still desperately  trying to free up space while being incapacitated  with the mouth ulcers from hell 

10 hours ago, uruboss said:

Listening to it, right now, Saturday morning here at home, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Wonderful concert! Grat choice, and excellent sound quality! Thanks Bruce and Inc. for the Archive Series!!!!

Regards and a happy weekend for all!

How wonderful to have someone else from the southern  hemisphere  to join the few :)

So for two days ive had no sound on my phone because my new earbuds have an on off switch that  i didn't  know about - i thought  it just  did volume of

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Gee !:o holy crap !  :lol: (just about shat myself)  - at least they go really loud 

I need  a moment  to be 13 again 

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

Very nice.  I appreciate the detailed time references (min:sec).  Is that new for your reviews or have I missed it before?

Thanks! I've been throwing in the timestamps since I really went all in on finishing the Previously from the Springsteen archive reviews back in mid-March. It's kinda varied in some reviews as to how many I include though, so it's likely you'll have just passed over them depending on what blogs you've checked out since then.  

On 9/19/2020 at 8:20 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Im with you 

It sounds as big as the universe ! 

Its big and bold and in your face 

Like  the Energizer Bunny on a whole tube of Borroca