Greasy Lake Community

Hello, all. Any old timers still out here?

Well, I can say it's been a number of years since I've visited the Lake.   Browsing through I don't recognize many names that were around from way back in the early 2000s.    I'm actually surprised I remembered my password to log in!   LOL   

Any old timers around?    Balloon Man, Partner Sonny, Redheadedwoman?   Those are who I can remember right now.   LOL   It's been a while but maybe during these times we are all home much more than normal it's time I read through and catch up.   This place was one of the best places to be way back, and I have many fond memories reading through the archives, and the Banner stories, and Greasy Lake Vols 1-4.   Took me back to a different time and place.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Nicole said:

Well, I can say it's been a number of years since I've visited the Lake.   Browsing through I don't recognize many names that were around from way back in the early 2000s.    I'm actually surprised I remembered my password to log in!   LOL   

Any old timers around?    Balloon Man, Partner Sonny, Redheadedwoman?   Those are who I can remember right now.   LOL   It's been a while but maybe during these times we are all home much more than normal it's time I read through and catch up.   This place was one of the best places to be way back, and I have many fond memories reading through the archives, and the Banner stories, and Greasy Lake Vols 1-4.   Took me back to a different time and place.

I remember you! Happy to see you’ve been well and all is good ....... Hope you’ve purchased every archive release! lol

Brad

• Like 1

I remember you too!    I don't know why it's reset my profile to six posts or junior member..LOL   It doesn't matter and I don't really care but probably from the inactivity.   I remember Glory Roads and a few others.    It's been so long....

1 hour ago, Nicole said:

I remember you too!    I don't know why it's reset my profile to six posts or junior member..LOL   It doesn't matter and I don't really care but probably from the inactivity.   I remember Glory Roads and a few others.    It's been so long....

Hi Nicole,

There are many of us around from the early days, but like you, some are off on different journeys in life, check in once in a while, or are on the now dozens and dozens of other platforms, including Instagram, FB and others.

But whenever Bruce has new music, folks swing back through it seems - a bit of the Hotel California experience here, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. ;)

Post counts got zipped during a software update several years ago - so it wasn't just you, we were all Junior Members again for a while

Good to see you here

Mikey

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Hi Nicole,

There are many of us around from the early days, but like you, some are off on different journeys in life, check in once in a while, or are on the now dozens and dozens of other platforms, including Instagram, FB and others.

But whenever Bruce has new music, folks swing back through it seems - a bit of the Hotel California experience here, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. ;)

Post counts got zipped during a software update several years ago - so it wasn't just you, we were all Junior Members again for a while

Good to see you here

Mikey

I was just looking through the memoriam page.   Sad to see Miami Mark had passed away!    He was certainly a character back in the day.   I remember hearing about Firerich.    It's nice to be back though!

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
6 hours ago, Nicole said:

Hi Nicole! I remember you from way back when.  Good to see you here. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Nicole said:

Welcome back Nicole,  i joined a few years after you.

How you doing  ( not said like Joey off friends)  just incase you thought i was..you know 

anyway... Nice to see you ( not said like Bruce Forsyth) 

......I'll get me coat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Nicole!  I remember you from the old days...good to see you.

I agree that this was a special place back then.  We were all so happy to have found each other. And with no cell phones, Facebook, or Twitter, we all relied on this board and the chat room to stay in touch.  It was a fun time.  

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Hi Nicole,

So, we both decided to check out the old neighborhood on the same day after many years away.  That is weird.  I was back briefly about a month or two ago and sent a quick note to Glory Roads, but it had been a couple of years as my next previous visit.

We attended a show together in Philly back in ‘03(?) maybe, with Killer Joe and Mrs Killer Joe.  Maybe it was the next tour a few years later...the memory is a struggle at times.  Fun times.  Great memories, even if the specific year escapes me.   I remember you telling a story of how you never could score any good seats to Bruce shows, but  seemed to have aced the art of getting good seats to Disney on Ice.  LOL.  Funny how some things just stick in the brain.  That just cracked me up!  Your daughter must be into her twenties now.   

So glad we crossed paths again, even if only virtually.  

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
6 minutes ago, ILLINIKEV said:

Hi Nicole,

So, we both decided to check out the old neighborhood on the same day after many years away.  That is weird.  I was back briefly about a month or two ago and sent a quick note to Glory Roads, but it had been a couple of years as my next previous visit.

We attended a show together in Philly back in ‘03(?) maybe, with Killer Joe and Mrs Killer Joe.  Maybe it was the next tour a few years later...the memory is a struggle at times.  Fun times.  Great memories, even if the specific year escapes me.   I remember you telling a story of how you never could score any good seats to Bruce shows, but  seemed to have aced the art of getting good seats to Disney on Ice.  LOL.  Funny how some things just stick in the brain.  That just cracked me up!  Your daughter must be into her twenties now.   

So glad we crossed paths again, even if only virtually.  

OMG!!!   Kevin!!    I just cracked up with that!  I forgot all about that but that was so true, aced the art of Disney on Ice shows and always got crappy Bruce seats.   LOL    Yes, I think you're right.   2003, Philly.   Wow, those were such good times!    Yes, my daughter is 23!   Lord, that makes me feel super old.    I was thinking about those days and decided to check this old place out again.   I guess with the days of Facebook and all other social media I had let this go to the wayside.     So glad to see your name again!