Greasy Lake Community

Hello, all. Any old timers still out here?

Yep, pretty amazing all that has happened in our lives since those early days “at the lake”.  Our three kids are all out of college.  One married.  31 years of marriage for myself and my wife.  Many, many Bruce shows...but for the most part I stick to just Chicago and Milwaukee, the days of traveling To shows are behind me.  Although, I was able to see Bruce in Paris on a layover for work in July of 2016.  It was the infamous show where the power went out.  I always wanted to catch a show in Europe and was thrilled I was able to make it work.  He even opened that night with Incident on the piano.  He could have called it a night right after that song and it would have been worth every penny.

Maybe this is a sign to hang out here a bit more.  Admittedly, I’m not as obsessed with a lot of Bruce’s work over the last ten years.  It was a busy time personally, so maybe that had something to do with it.  I did just watch Western Stars on the airplane about a week ago and really enjoyed it.  I had never heard most of the songs until now.  My concert total did reach 35 with the Paris show, but I have thought each of the past few shows that maybe this one is the last.  Not by choice, but more the circumstances of age and such.  This freakin’ pandemic certainly hasn’t helped the situation!

Again, nice to hear from you and it appears all is well in your world!  Look me up on FB if you like.  Last name Cetera (like Peter).  BTW, I recently found out that he and I are 3rd cousins, once removed...whatever that means!  LOL

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, ILLINIKEV said:

Yep, pretty amazing all that has happened in our lives since those early days “at the lake”.  Our three kids are all out of college.  One married.  31 years of marriage for myself and my wife.  Many, many Bruce shows...but for the most part I stick to just Chicago and Milwaukee, the days of traveling To shows are behind me.  Although, I was able to see Bruce in Paris on a layover for work in July of 2016.  It was the infamous show where the power went out.  I always wanted to catch a show in Europe and was thrilled I was able to make it work.  He even opened that night with Incident on the piano.  He could have called it a night right after that song and it would have been worth every penny.

Maybe this is a sign to hang out here a bit more.  Admittedly, I’m not as obsessed with a lot of Bruce’s work over the last ten years.  It was a busy time personally, so maybe that had something to do with it.  I did just watch Western Stars on the airplane about a week ago and really enjoyed it.  I had never heard most of the songs until now.  My concert total did reach 35 with the Paris show, but I have thought each of the past few shows that maybe this one is the last.  Not by choice, but more the circumstances of age and such.  This freakin’ pandemic certainly hasn’t helped the situation!

Again, nice to hear from you and it appears all is well in your world!  Look me up on FB if you like.  Last name Cetera (like Peter).  BTW, I recently found out that he and I are 3rd cousins, once removed...whatever that means!  LOL

It really does seem like a lifetime ago.   You are so right about that.   With your kids out of college and mine being a super super senior and graduating this year, time has flown by!    Truth be told, I wasn't hugely into Western Stars and the last time I saw Bruce was on Broadway.   That was an amazing amazing experience.   One for the ages.    I had hoped for a tour this year, but with this friggin pandemic all hope of that is lost!    I remember those Philly days and Giants Stadium days and how you traveled often to shows.    I think we've slowed down since then.   LOL   Although if given the chance I would make it my business to travel up and down the eastern seaboard if need be if there is ever a tour again.    I will look you up on FB!