Greasy Lake Community

Tracks 2 Soon?

He's been working on it for years. The Seeger project grew out of it way back in 2006.

Had Letter To You come out earlier in the year as planned, then just maybe we would have been getting it this year. As it is, it has to get pushed back at least 6 months, if not 12

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Wbt774 said:

Tracks 2 and a BITUSA box are part of the last contract he signed with Sony.

They were certainly included as required 'product' in the leaked Sony internal document from 2014, along with a Nebraska package and a series of live albums.

• Like 1

The ‘lost album’ concept of Tracks 2 baffles me a bit - I love the pure outtake format of the original box so I’d be more than happy with that, unless we are just going to get those songs through box-sets. How many ‘lost albums’ can there be, I wonder?

Looked into it the other day and all I can find is the 1994 ‘hip hop album’, some country/swing album, an album recorded with the 92/3 touring band, and whatever he has ‘in the can’ from the last few years as per the Rolling Stone article. Given we had no idea about the latter, I wonder how many other albums were finished without us knowing? Surely if there was an E Street one we’d have known about it..!

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take all of that for sure - but what about the songs from the 70s and 80s he also mentions digging out? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

The ‘lost album’ concept of Tracks 2 baffles me a bit - I love the pure outtake format of the original box so I’d be more than happy with that, unless we are just going to get those songs through box-sets. How many ‘lost albums’ can there be, I wonder?

Looked into it the other day and all I can find is the 1994 ‘hip hop album’, some country/swing album, an album recorded with the 92/3 touring band, and whatever he has ‘in the can’ from the last few years as per the Rolling Stone article. Given we had no idea about the latter, I wonder how many other albums were finished without us knowing? Surely if there was an E Street one we’d have known about it..!

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take all of that for sure - but what about the songs from the 70s and 80s he also mentions digging out? 

We've heard of multiple shelved projects over the years. A box set containing three or four of them wouldn't be difficult for Bruce to fill. Plus, nobody knows the details about these rumored project, so that the distinction between albums and recording sessions will be inevitably blurred.

I've always thought that the emply half an hour od Tracks disc 4 meant Bruce must have had something from the nineties he didn't want to "waste" on Tracks. At this point of his career, a lost-album-focused-box set would make perfect sense to me.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Is it the general opinion that Letter to you will be Bruce's last album of new songs (apart from 3) with the E Street Band ?

I would call it an awareness that this might turn out to be the last one, rather than a belief that it actually is.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

One thing sounds sure - there’s quite a lot of music on the way.

Exactly when is unfortunately somewhat less sure! At least lockdown has given him time to work on all of these outstanding projects.

I can’t imagine there is much hiding in the vault that I would love. He kept Western Stars hidden for several years before releasing it and it is brutal to my ears. I just find it hard to believe there is much of worth sitting out there awaiting a proper release. It’s still intriguing nonetheless.

5 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I can’t imagine there is much hiding in the vault that I would love. He kept Western Stars hidden for several years before releasing it and it is brutal to my ears. I just find it hard to believe there is much of worth sitting out there awaiting a proper release. It’s still intriguing nonetheless.

Western stars is an absolute masterpiece, up there with his top  albums. didnt they say there was around 40 songs for Western Stars?... hope so :P 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Is it the general opinion that Letter to you will be Bruce's last album of new songs (apart from 3) with the E Street Band ?

10 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I would call it an awareness that this might turn out to be the last one, rather than a belief that it actually is.

Let's make this 'probably the last ESB album which is followed by a tour, or at least the intention at this moment of a tour'.

Why would they not continue to make music together without going on tour?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Western stars is an absolute masterpiece, up there with his top  albums. didnt they say there was around 40 songs for Western Stars?... hope so :P 

I can’t even imagine what didn’t make the cut. Though now that I think about, maybe it’s some stuff that’s listenable?

On 9/21/2020 at 11:01 PM, phantomengineer said:

"It’s not that hard. If I pull out something from 1980, or 1985, or 1970, it’s amazing how you can slip into that voice."

Not so sure I would agree with that.

No. Adding modern overdubs to old recordings is pointless to me. Even the ones I like such as Meet Me In The City and Let’s Go Tonight feel like new recordings rather than archival ones.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 4:32 PM, Jertucky said:

51iJLbA8JtL.jpg

Same kind of fight, I'm afraid... ;)

I really do hope that this Tracks pt 2 will be delayed infinitely because Tracks pt 1 was a real freak show which got out of hand. Too many different areas and universes altogether in 1 box. That was corrected with the release of The Promise - The Lost Sessions: Darkness On The Edge Of Town and The Ties That Bind - The River Collection which pretty much sums up both periods in a well documented and organised manner. Without a doubt, that has all to do with Thom Zimny: