Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My biggest Brucie regret is that as a 9 year old in 1975 I saw the future of Rock & Roll and it's name was the Wombles

You must not give up hope We have several members who live off the Bruce Springsteen  map Not that long ago NZ, South Africa and South America was far off the map This covid thing won't

My sad, crushing regret. I have never, not once seen Bruce live in concert. It looked like I was going to go to the Denver show the day before the Bossman's birthday, 9/22/03, but that fell through. T

Posted Images

My biggest regret was drawing Broadway tickets (the show would have been on my birthday) but not buying them. Context; In the lottery they came up super quick and were an expensive ticket, given how quickly they came I thought I could refresh and likely be given more choices. Wrong! Worst of all I was going to be in the US on business around that time so I would not even have had to pay for the flights. Dohh!

• Sad 3

My biggest regret is not joining sooner to this bandwagon. I seen Bruce in 78, not impressed, seen Bruce in 84, great but The tunnel of love happened, not interested. 2007 when my daughter turned me back to this is when I finally got it. Obsessed since. 

• Like 1

1/ Not becoming a fan till just after the River tour ended, therefore missing seeing him and the band during one of the greatest tours ever..

2/ Not having seen Bruce play in the States yet. Still hold out hope I can make the trip over the Atlantic when all this is over and see him, but it's looking less likely now.

Too many regrets about missed shows (even though I've managed to see 75).   But two regrets stand out: a) giving up Brighton 1981 tickets as I had university exams in another city and b) that the 1978 tour didn't come to Europe (admittedly not my regret). 

Conversely I also have many things I'm thankful for doing: the biggest of these is going to the last 6 MSG concerts of 2000.  What a run of shows!

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

My biggest regret is not joining sooner to this bandwagon. I seen Bruce in 78, not impressed, seen Bruce in 84, great but The tunnel of love happened, not interested. 2007 when my daughter turned me back to this is when I finally got it. Obsessed since. 

Honestly Jimmy ....also not a huge fan Of Tunnel ....which may have had some effect on my not trying harder for the tickets in 1988 ...wasnt until like 15 years later that some kind soul sent me cd's from the 5-3-88 show when i realized what i had missed !!!!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, muscum said:

Too many regrets about missed shows (even though I've managed to see 75).   But two regrets stand out: a) giving up Brighton 1981 tickets as I had university exams in another city and b) that the 1978 tour didn't come to Europe (admittedly not my regret). 

Conversely I also have many things I'm thankful for doing: the biggest of these is going to the last 6 MSG concerts of 2000.  What a run of shows!

75 shows ....Ok you get minimal sympathy lol ....although that '81 show sounds pretty good.....

32 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Honestly Jimmy ....also not a huge fan Of Tunnel ....which may have had some effect on my not trying harder for the tickets in 1988 ...wasnt until like 15 years later that some kind soul sent me cd's from the 5-3-88 show when i realized what i had missed !!!!

Oh, without a doubt. I'm very disappointed in myself for not being all in from 78' on. I was a heavy metal guy and couldn't understand 2 keyboard players and a saxophone. I'm stupid!!!

• Like 1

I had a ticket for Wembley in June 81 and my brother got a ticket for Bingley Hall Stafford a couple of weeks earlier and I could have got one as well. For some stupid reason I thought that seeing Bruce for the 1st time at Wembley would be more special. What a plonker I missed a great gig and he sang Wreck on the Highway that night & one song I've still never seen live in 50+ gigs.

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Oh, without a doubt. I'm very disappointed in myself for not being all in from 78' on. I was a heavy metal guy and couldn't understand 2 keyboard players and a saxophone. I'm stupid!!!

Don't beat yourself up about it. I get it- I was a metalhead too when I first saw Bruce in '81. I liked the show, but I didn't really become a fan until BITUSA (go figure!).

I guess my biggest regret is not going to the Indy '08 show (which was Danny's last). That's why I ultimately decided to go to St. Louis '08, because I had a feeling that if I didn't, I would have missed something great. Thank goodness I went! 

• Like 2

My only “regret” was that due to a case of bronchitis, fever, plus a 3 hour drive to Binghamton NY (my friend who got the tickets was in college nearby), in the winter, caused me to miss a show in ‘78.  

Nothing I could’ve done, not my fault, just bad timing.  

But it’s still a “regret” that I didn’t get to go. 

Other than that... none that I can think of!  

I mean there’s always room for more shows, but I’ve been extremely lucky, so... 

• Like 1

I missed one show once when I had the flu....But I don’t regret missing it.... It would have killed me.

Regrets?.... I really can’t think of many if any....I’ve been fortunate to meet great people and see some of the greatest shows.

• Like 2

I didn’t cut out of work to go see The Wallflowers at a shore bar (Tradewinds maybe?). Maybe ‘96? I knew Bruce would show up but I had a work shift, so I worked it. The boss’ son got tickets for his girlfriend and he ended up at the stage front. He hated The Wallflowers and said when Bruce came out with Sting and Jonny Bongiovi he heckled them from the front row because he didn’t like any of them. Damned work ethic!

23 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You saw Bruce in 78 and weren't impressed?!? I first saw him in November 78 and was blown away. That's what really started this long ride fire me. It's always interesting what hits people differently. I don't like Magic and many people think that's his best of the later albums. 

As for regrets, we were visiting in Delaware when Bruce was playing in Philly during the Seeger tour and I could have gotten tickets but my husband's family were all going to be together for the first time in 25 years then and I couldn't pull him away from that. After seeing Live in Dublin I was sorry I missed the show.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, Early North Jersey said:

I should have skipped a mortgage payment and gone to Nassau Coliseum to see this ...Starts at 44:25.....Probably not Juliannes favorite Springsteen clip :(.....

This is a sad thread Bob

I wish i had gone to a 2016 river tour show :(

But it was so much money and mum was on the decline big time

Or gone to sydney for wb tour and got the 78 intro but i hadn't learnt to go on my own yet and i was broke from Moncton 

And like others why waa i so stupid  to get off this train after enjoying BITUSA  so much 

Missing the Joad tour. Manchester Apollo was my nearest show being based in Liverpool and I knew no-one with a credit card to phone order. Used to have to buy via a travel agent. 

No tickets were sold that way and it is to date the only tour I have missed since I was 11 years old. (Tunnel - present).

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't think I've any regrets, but I would have had I decided not to splash out on the trip to New York for the two shows in November 2009.

There was approximately an hour after the announcement that Sunday November 8th would be a complete performance of my favorite Bruce album when i did not have tickets ...... I was absolutely beside myself ...... luckily Stub Hub was pretty reasonable under the circumstances ......what an incredible rocking night that was . The show i had waited for since 12/31/80. It was a long wait.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Two main regrets... 

1. Listening to my wife (not a Bruce fan) after the Cardiff concert in 2008, that I did not need to go the hotel bar in Celtic Manor but should go straight up to the room. Apparently found out the next morning that Bruce and the band had been in their drinking. 

2. Listening to my wife that it was a waste of money to go to Brazil for a weekend just to see Bruce do Rock in Rio, and that she forbid me to go. Watching it on YouTube it looked like an amazing experience.... 

FYI - we are now no longer together... I should have spotted the signs...

• Like 1