Greasy Lake Community

New Single - GHOSTS

On 10/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, stillilllife said:

...And he's got an album and song with the title House of a thousand guitars. ; D

Indeed :)  Another really good album too.  That and Streets of New York are well worth a listen for anyone curious about his music.

Played it via you tube on the TV the other day when the better half was out.  Sounds even better up loud through the sound bar.  Had only been playing via iPad previously as got CD on order and not downloaded the individual track.

Have to give Aniello kudos for his production here.  Top notch; though having it mixed by Bobby C and mastered by the great Bob Ludwig makes a difference too.

Was thinking we would get another single this Friday and a new download the week before the album release.  But with the download coming this Friday, maybe we won’t get a third single... though I will keep hoping he drops Janey in the week before nonetheless!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Karembu said:

Indeed :)  Another really good album too.  That and Streets of New York are well worth a listen for anyone curious about his music.

I listened to Streets of New York yesterday for the first time, and I really, really liked it! Thank you for mentioning him here in this thread, 'cause I probably wouldn't have heard it otherwise. 11/14 tracks are great. Faded flower of Broadway is my favorite song right now! I love it.

3 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

I listened to Streets of New York yesterday for the first time, and I really, really liked it! Thank you for mentioning him here in this thread, 'cause I probably wouldn't have heard it otherwise. 11/14 tracks are great. Faded flower of Broadway is my favorite song right now! I love it.

A pleasure and glad you enjoyed it.  I really like the cover of Police on my Back as well.  And Cell Phones ringing...

His debut album was 1980 so plenty of back catalogue to delve into :)

• Like 1

How a song can take on completely different meanings just by coincidence.

In July, we had to let go of our beloved Susannah (the cat in my profile pic) after almost 22 years. It broke our hearts. We immediatly threw away everything, the litter box, food, toys... Just so we wouldn't be reminded of her all the time. While cleaning the house yesterday, with "Ghosts" blasting through the speakers, I found a bag of cat treats all the way in the back of a drawer. Just at that moment Bruce sings about the spurs "clicking down the hall but never arrive". That reminded me of Susannah and how she would announce herself just by the sound of her claws on the wooded floor. From now on I will never listen to "Ghosts" without thinking of her. One more reason to adore this song.

• Like 6
  • Hug 3

Ain’t read the whole thread but I hear a lot of The Stones Sing this All Together (off the abysmal Satanic Majesties album) in this song, especially in the last couple minutes. It’s the phrasing...I MUCH prefer Letter to You. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that Ghosts remains my least favourite song on the album. I really feared for the album when I heard it. I don't dislike it, though, and it does sound better in the context of the album.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...