Greasy Lake Community

New Single - GHOSTS

2 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

There will be no more tours ever again.

The last Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band show that will ever be was in Auckland, New Zealand, over 3 and a half years ago. (unless some "socially distanced" or "virtual" concert is attempted, and that's not the real thing)

We must hold onto hope

I was there in the from row that last night of the last ESB tour

I heard Bruce say we will be back 

Bruce just turned 71 - thats not old like it was even 20 years ago

He's fit, he's  active, he's  engaged,  even in these covid  times and he still enjoys working

Who knows how the rest of the band are ? - but if Keith & Mick and Macca can keep going so can our guys 

One day it will be the last tour, the last show, but any one of us could  get run over by a bus tomorrow or killed in an earthquake or anything else mother nature throws at us

Everybody think about triple B - he's  not going to get the new album (i just can't  keep thinking about that) 

But the rest of us must not ever give up (on Bruce or anything else) Workout hope there is nothing 

Last year for months every night i was too scared to go to asleep incase Gary didnt wake up - i couldn't  enjoy western  stars - but here we are a year latter, still waking up every day and now with this full noise record about to drop ! 

These  days life isnt easy for all of us, even the young, beautiful and gifted, life is a slog right now

But I just will not go on without the hope that i will have more  ESB shows (plural) - a long kitty is my dream but the 78 intro is my survival 

Is it unfair of me to expect a bunch of 70 year olds to perform because i want them to ?

Yes 

But they are wealthy people, they have access to the best medical, diet, exercise, and any other kind of wellbeing they need for them and their  loved ones to carry on doing what they love 

So long as they want to be there i want to be there

And judging by that rolling stone interview they want to be there

Every single one of us need to pour ourselves  a glass of half full, the future is uncertain, but together we can make it, always forward, always upward

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

16 hours ago, Rizla said:

I've finally figured out what 'Ghosts' reminds me of.  It's The Adventures, 'The Sound Of Summer'.  I can hear a bit of resemblance in the chorus. 

It's a very different song, and probably not many people will know it.  Never released as a single, but if it had been it would probably be on every summer playlist ever.

I don't hear Ghosts in here at all, but it is a brilliant song. The Adventures play a 'last ever gig' every January in the Empire Bar in Belfast, always sold out. Broken Land was their big hit, but they have a pile of great songs. 

• Love Love Love! 1

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

We must hold onto hope

I was there in the from row that last night of the last ESB tour

I heard Bruce say we will be back 

Bruce just turned 71 - thats not old like it was even 20 years ago

He's fit, he's  active, he's  engaged,  even in these covid  times and he still enjoys working

Who knows how the rest of the band are ? - but if Keith & Mick and Macca can keep going so can our guys 

One day it will be the last tour, the last show, but any one of us could  get run over by a bus tomorrow or killed in an earthquake or anything else mother nature throws at us

Everybody think about triple B - he's  not going to get the new album (i just can't  keep thinking about that) 

But the rest of us must not ever give up (on Bruce or anything else) Workout hope there is nothing 

Last year for months every night i was too scared to go to asleep incase Gary didnt wake up - i couldn't  enjoy western  stars - but here we are a year latter, still waking up every day and now with this full noise record about to drop ! 

These  days life isnt easy for all of us, even the young, beautiful and gifted, life is a slog right now

But I just will not go on without the hope that i will have more  ESB shows (plural) - a long kitty is my dream but the 78 intro is my survival 

Is it unfair of me to expect a bunch of 70 year olds to perform because i want them to ?

Yes 

But they are wealthy people, they have access to the best medical, diet, exercise, and any other kind of wellbeing they need for them and their  loved ones to carry on doing what they love 

So long as they want to be there i want to be there

And judging by that rolling stone interview they want to be there

Every single one of us need to pour ourselves  a glass of half full, the future is uncertain, but together we can make it, always forward, always upward

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, risingaurora said:

I don't hear Ghosts in here at all, but it is a brilliant song. The Adventures play a 'last ever gig' every January in the Empire Bar in Belfast, always sold out. Broken Land was their big hit, but they have a pile of great songs. 

Yes, it's a shame they didn't have the success they deserve, they do have some terrific tunes.   Thanks for the tip, if there's another chance I might try and make it over there. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:32 AM, Promise61 said:

Steve Earle has just announced on his website that he's contacted Bruce's music publisher for a share of the royalties.

Well Steve better just pass his royalty cheque straight on to The Call (The Walls Came Down)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Ken Bruce played it on his show this morning on Radio 2.

Definitely edited down...at least one verse was missing and other bits of the song as well.

Must be for the 3 minute single format I guess. 

It's R2's record of the week.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:03 AM, Promise61 said:

Yep. I can hear a similarity, but not close enough for a lawsuit

Maybe not.   Anyway, recycling is the only way there'll be any more rock songs.  All the riffs have been done.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 2:32 AM, Jertucky said:

Watching a parent worn down until death is not an easy experience but I found it to be a pretty enlightening one (my own mother died a very slow and painful death over about a 15 year period, passing away 24 years ago).  As a person of faith I found it important and helpful to lean on God initially. As time has gone on I’ve taken solace in enacting her (and my father’s) principles in my life. When Bruce sings and talks about the connectedness we have with the deceased I find it to be true. Other then seeing and speaking to them in the flesh, they are as alive to me now as they were when they were on this earth. Godspeed to you on this next step of your journey.

I'm sorry to hear that. Death is never easy, but to have it drawn-out like that is terrible. It's something you just can't understand if you haven't seen it happen to someone you love.

It sounds very beautiful that your parent are with you in some spiritual or mental way. Right now everything feels so empty. I know she's gone, but it's still pretty hard to accept it. 

Thanks, and I wish the best for you as well.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

On 10/1/2020 at 2:18 PM, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Maybe not.   Anyway, recycling is the only way there'll be any more rock songs.  All the riffs have been done.

Agreed... because as much as I can hear the great Steve Earle in here as suggested, I hear the main riff from Black Magic & White Lies by Willie Nile even more prominently.  Was bugging me for days before I remembered what it reminded me of.  But I love all 3 songs so it’s all good for me.

But to the subject of Ghosts... it is an absolutely monstrous, cathartic epic of a tune.  Just plain fucking awesome.  As soon as the guitar came in, I could not stop grinning.  Excited beyond words for the album now.  And that is even without thinking about Janey and Orphans which could make this one for the ages...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, High Lonesome said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Death is never easy, but to have it drawn-out like that is terrible. It's something you just can't understand if you haven't seen it happen to someone you love.

It sounds very beautiful that your parent are with you in some spiritual or mental way. Right now everything feels so empty. I know she's gone, but it's still pretty hard to accept it. 

Thanks, and I wish the best for you as well.

I get the empty feeling but keep in mind that the last thing any parent wants is to be a cause of sorrow for their children. Celebrate her life and do the good she was doing in her honor, before she left this earth.

• Like 3

I really love this song!  It's classic Bruce.  Makes me feel happy!  Love hearing him sing in that open, smooth vocal style he favoured in the 70s and early 80s.  Wasn't a huge fan of Western Stars but getting quite excited for this album now.  :)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

12 minutes ago, Daskill said:

I really love this song!  It's classic Bruce.  Makes me feel happy!  Love hearing him sing in that open, smooth vocal style he favoured in the 70s and early 80s.  Wasn't a huge fan of Western Stars but getting quite excited for this album now.  :)

Nice to sew you Daskill

Its been a while