Greasy Lake Community

Read this on another forum and thought i should pass along the sad news that The Lakes resident Buffalo Bills fan has passed away. Having attended college in the area and also seeing my first Bruce show in Buffalo in 1980 i always felt a kinship. Rest in Peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

I was hoping that someone who knew Tim well would post in this part of the Lake.

I was so shocked to read this awful news and am still very sad. He'll be greatly missed by many on here.

Thanks for making me laugh, bbb, you won't be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Tim's passing  is a great loss to our community 

I personally benefited much from his humour but i also learned a lot by following his posts and links in the political forum

His sister must be devastated 

Thoughts and prayers for Tim and his family

5e3ee3921d8318ab7b526c04ad1e45eb.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1

I am so very sorry to hear this. I had the pleasure of meeting Tim at several shows in Buffalo.  His "B's" were Bills, Bruce, and Buffalo.  Clearly, we shared some similar passions.  If his family is reading this, again, I am so very sorry.  

We used to ride each other a lot. Half the time we were just BS'ing around because we knew we could get a rise out of each other, then we would talk offline & laugh about it. This isn't possible. 

• Hug 3
1 hour ago, JustDan said:

We used to ride each other a lot. Half the time we were just BS'ing around because we knew we could get a rise out of each other, then we would talk offline & laugh about it. This isn't possible. 

Nice post, Dan.  I always enjoyed reading you and @bbb going back and forth.  Quality entertainment that never failed to bring a smile to my face.

Yes, he will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Sad news in an already too sad year, he had been here since the beginning.

i remember we had some fun exchanges about how Atlanta ground to a halt with 0.1 inches Of snow whereas when Buffalo got 36 inches of snow people still went outside and washed their cars and planted flowers in their garden:D

rip @bbb

• Like 4

bbb joined here in April 2000,  making him among the first members. As people came and went, he stayed and was part of the fabric of this community.  He will be missed, especially by me. My heartfelt thank you to those friends who were in touch with him the last few weeks.  You know who you are. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, PattyC said:

So sad.  I didn’t know him well but he was one of the regulars here. Peace to his friends and family. 

And thanks @BillsBruce...I could never remember what bbb’s third “b” was for. I knew the Bills and Bruce.

I'm pretty sure the third b was for Bonaventure, as in St. Bonaventure University.  I remember him talking about the Bonnies--their team.  

bbb and I spent a lot of time squabbling with each other in the political forum, way back when.  I wish I'd met him in person, because I suspect we'd have gotten along if we'd met at a show.  I wish his friends and family peace.   

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

This news really sucks.  We never met but have been online friends for years.

A few years ago, I was in the hospital for 2 months. He regularly PM'ed me to check in and give me a laugh.

RIP Tim. You will be missed my friend.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1