Greasy Lake Community

Bruce interview in AARP Magazine

2 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Yes, AARP starts at 50 and I remember the issue a few years back when he was on the cover.

aarp09.jpg.3c6becc4976e512874ddb34e9baef63f.jpg

00-09-2009 AARP Magazine par Ariel Swartley

The laptop video is shalry, and I've seen the song performed a dozen times-so my tears catch me by surprise. When Bruce Springsteen wrote "Badlands" more than 30 years ago, he said he was inspired by the "everyday kind of heroism" of family and friends he saw struggling to eke out a living in the decaying, blue-collar, northcentral New Jersey neighborhoods where his father worked as a bus driver. Today, in the wake of the financial meltdown, Springsteen's badlands have a longer reach. The middle -of-the-night fears the lyrics describe mftror the experiences of many of us now

http://hopeanddreams.free.fr/public/presse.php?idpresse=147

• Like 1

It's been said many times in many threads here, but the guy looks amazing for his age.  As lean as we've seen  him in a few years, and looking ready to hit the road and tour.  Reports of the ESB's demise is certainly pre-mature, in my opinion.  The music on the 1st 2 singles is awesome!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
27 minutes ago, ncsprngstn said:

It's been said many times in many threads here, but the guy looks amazing for his age.  As lean as we've seen  him in a few years, and looking ready to hit the road and tour.  Reports of the ESB's demise is certainly pre-mature, in my opinion.  The music on the 1st 2 singles is awesome!

Yeah, but the pics are airbrushed and Bruce has clearly had work done. He may look amazing, but it's not a natural look.

2 hours ago, el sergio said:

aarp09.jpg.3c6becc4976e512874ddb34e9baef63f.jpg

00-09-2009 AARP Magazine par Ariel Swartley

The laptop video is shalry, and I've seen the song performed a dozen times-so my tears catch me by surprise. When Bruce Springsteen wrote "Badlands" more than 30 years ago, he said he was inspired by the "everyday kind of heroism" of family and friends he saw struggling to eke out a living in the decaying, blue-collar, northcentral New Jersey neighborhoods where his father worked as a bus driver. Today, in the wake of the financial meltdown, Springsteen's badlands have a longer reach. The middle -of-the-night fears the lyrics describe mftror the experiences of many of us now

http://hopeanddreams.free.fr/public/presse.php?idpresse=147

That's it, first time he was on the cover in 2009 when he was 60

13 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Holy shit, this just gets better and better

And now i know why im not a musician  or any kind of artist :lol:

that was an awsome article and the wee video was pure delight 

12 hours ago, A Saint in the city said:

There is a video of Bruce talking at the end of the article, where he seems to come across as younger and more energised than I have seen him for a long time.... 

Didn't  he look fine ! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Here's the current cover.

120121668_10158403680260250_533173040876

What is this magazine BD ? 

Is it exspensive like the one's  at the dentist ? 

I don't touch magazines in doctor's officers 

It is a magazine for American oldies daisey so who knows how bd got a copy:D

you don’t buy it as such it comes with a membership and covers lots of topics (or so I told) such as going to the bathroom 6 times a night ... :o

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, AMIW said:

It is a magazine for American oldies daisey so who knows how bd got a copy:D

you don’t buy it as such it comes with a membership and covers lots of topics (or so I told) such as going to the bathroom 6 times a night ... :o

But we're all still 16 on the inside still :lol:

• Like 1

1140-bruce-springsteen-playing-at-home.imgcache.rev816bf6c5f622fda9f87726b342ffcd16_web_850_488.thumb.jpg.fdf9f554fc610740a96d29088e886640.jpg

That AARP site seems a small Springsteen treasure trove. Check this out what according AARP are the 10 of the Best Bruce Springsteen Music Outtakes

"Roulette” (1979) / "Roulette” was recorded during the River sessions, after the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant disaster. It was released as the B side of the 1988 single “One Step Up” (from the Tunnel of Love album) and included on Tracks. Sinister, urgent and pulsating, “Roulette” is about a man forced to evacuate his family to safety after a nuclear power plant accident ("I've got a house full of things that I can't touch"). But more broadly, it's about the toll exacted on those who must confront a tight-lipped and indifferent power structure while trying frantically to protect their loved ones. Eerily relevant in a pandemic.

"Seeds” (1986) / Written and possibly recorded for the Born in the U.S.A. sessions, then released as a concert track on Live 1975-85, “Seeds” could be narrated by the protagonist of “My Hometown,” who packs up his family and heads south to look for work but finds nothing but “seeds blowing up the highway.” They sleep in their car, “parked in the lumberyard, freezing our asses off.” With nowhere to go, they are ignored by the rich, harassed by the cops. An appropriately angry song for an unequal and angry era.

• Like 2