Greasy Lake Community

Which cover would you like to hear bruce sing at your next concert?

There was a topic about this not so long ago. Let's repeat a few of my posts in there:

Wall Of Death (Richard and Linda Thompson); Soozie on co-vocals (Linda's vocals, obviously).

Venus (Shocking Blue), with lead vocals by Cindy Mizelle.

Tweeter And The Monkey Man, with Bob Dylan on guest vocals.

11 minutes ago, Lampi said:

There was a topic about this not so long ago. Let's repeat a few of my posts in there:

Wall Of Death (Richard and Linda Thompson); Soozie on co-vocals (Linda's vocals, obviously).

I agree tweeter would be great, or how about bruce and the band with Ronnie Spector  with "be my baby" 

14 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Interesting, never seen this topic

Always want to hear THE MEDLEY!! 

Also really love Boom Boom, and Mony Mony. 

Although he’s definitely made these two covers “his,”  Jersey Girl and Trapped are covers, and are amongst my all time faves... 

Would also love to hear Rhinestone Cowboy.  

30 minutes ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

Do you know was it during a tour? If so which one? 

New York 4 November 1976 (last show of the 1976 Fall Tour). Baby I Love You; Walking In The Rain; Be My Baby. Soundboard recording. A must-hear show even apart from these 3 songs. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place (The Animals) was also played that night.

Cleveland 13 February 1977. Baby I Love You; Walking In The Rain; Say Goodbye To Hollywood; Be My Baby. A very good audience tape from what is, to quote Brucebase, 'a magical show'; contender for the greatest show of 1977 not from Boston.

I guess The Bootleg Collectors Corner is your friend then. Both shows were also released on various physical bootlegs over the years, the 1976 show even on vinyl bootlegs, way back then.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

Well they already covered the greatest song in the world: The Weight. Would kill to hear that - full band from the start this time!

And honestly I'd like to see them tackle some modern day songs. Loved it when they covered Arcade Fire.

Why not give The War On Drugs a go? I mean they even sound like E Street. Thinking Of A Place would be really cool. Or Nothing to Find or Burning or Under The Pressure or Holding On - whatever! Would love to hear that but never gonna happen.

On 10/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, Lampi said:

New York 4 November 1976 (last show of the 1976 Fall Tour). Baby I Love You; Walking In The Rain; Be My Baby. Soundboard recording. A must-hear show even apart from these 3 songs. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place (The Animals) was also played that night.

Cleveland 13 February 1977. Baby I Love You; Walking In The Rain; Say Goodbye To Hollywood; Be My Baby. A very good audience tape from what is, to quote Brucebase, 'a magical show'; contender for the greatest show of 1977 not from Boston.

I guess The Bootleg Collectors Corner is your friend then. Both shows were also released on various physical bootlegs over the years, the 1976 show even on vinyl bootlegs, way back then.

Thanks for the info lampi