Greasy Lake Community

my review of the album from the zoom listening party

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Tee-hee.  Does this mean that the thread starter was actually correct?

Some sort of introduction and explanation would have been civil, wouldn't it?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try.

overall - i like it, no real surprises here, it's an esb record in the vein of the river and bitusa. very little republican bashing which is good to see. i only herd it on zoom once but here are my no

If you have been kocked in the ass, that may not have been a listening party....

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

Some of what you're claiming goes against what was said in the Rolling Stone article, particularly about House of a Thousand Guitars

What? You believe Rolling Stone over THIA???

When has he ever been prone to wild and erratic bursts of made up nonsense before?

48 minutes ago, Perisic said:

So based on that review barely any real rockers? I don't buy it. Ah well, we'll see.

What is a “real rocker” by the way?

I don’t think he’s done anything flat out “rock and roll” sounding since some of the stuff off Human Touch (Gloria’s Eyes, All Or Nothing At All).

Maybe Radio Nowhere. 

When I think of “rocking” Bruce I tend not to be too encouraged! I’m clearly getting old. 

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Some sort of introduction and explanation would have been civil, wouldn't it?

Seemed ok to me. He was either pulling our legs or telling us the truth ... worse things happen at sea.

22 hours ago, davemunday said:

“Kocked me in the ass” that’s some tune

18 hours ago, risingaurora said:

If you have been kocked in the ass, that may not have been a listening party....

18 hours ago, Okely Dokely said:

I hope this person charged them $250 for it.

18 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I believe the actual title is, “Knocked Me in the Ass (Reno)”.

One letter "Fucked" his guy! 

• Bruuuuce! 1
2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

What is a “real rocker” by the way?

I don’t think he’s done anything flat out “rock and roll” sounding since some of the stuff off Human Touch (Gloria’s Eyes, All Or Nothing At All).

Maybe Radio Nowhere. 

When I think of “rocking” Bruce I tend not to be too encouraged! I’m clearly getting old. 

Two more.

Last to Die

We take care of our own 

There are complete versions of the CD "out there" at this point - reviewers, music executives, samples going out to promote - ect

Those who are bragging about having heard it probably haven't, and those that have won't be talking about it, because Sony is listening and will make sure you don't get the chance to preview (and share) anything from any future releases of Bruce or other artists

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kl1967 said:

Two more.

Last to Die

We take care of our own 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Maybe Last to Die (maybe)

I wouldn’t class WTCOOO though.

Everybody forgets about Harry's Place.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wbt774 said:

Would be very very surprised if this lyric is on the album 

In a 1984 interview (not coïncidentally 1984) Bruce said something like 'I am a patriot, that flag is also my flag' [i.e. does not only belong to those who claim the flag].

In this way it could make some sense - something like 'the 'true Americans' or 'real Americans''  are not only those who claim to be 'true Americans' or 'real Americans'.

See also: Long Walk Home.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

There are complete versions of the CD "out there" at this point - reviewers, music executives, samples going out to promote - ect

Those who are bragging about having heard it probably haven't, and those that have won't be talking about it, because Sony is listening and will make sure you don't get the chance to preview (and share) anything from any future releases of Bruce or other artists

Sorry if I was bragging.  I didn't mean to come across that way.  I had some info that I thought people would be interested in.  I will remove the posts I made.

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

Sorry if I was bragging.  I didn't mean to come across that way.  I had some info that I thought people would be interested in.  I will remove the posts I made.

You are good mate, I didnt hear "bragging" at all in your post.  No doubt the music is being shared in many different ways and Zoom is an easy way to do that and I find your story believable.

My point was those who have been given copies of the music won't risk their source by posting on open forums, in order to make themselves seem important

You werent doing any of that.

• Like 3