Greasy Lake Community

Jon Gets Advice From Bruce and Paul

:mellow:

Bon Jovi Talks Getting Advice on New Album from Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney

October 2, 2020|Michele Amabile|News

The day has finally arrived! Bon Jovi 2020--originally set for release earlier this year-but delayed due to Covid–hit the shelves, and front man Jon Bon Jovi has been making the rounds with interviews, including an appearance on “Good Morning America.”

The extra time gave Bon Jovi the chance to seek critiques and a little help from his friends, Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen.

“‘Bruce came over to my house and we sat down and listened to 2020 and [Bruce’s upcoming album] Letter to You,” the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer tells the Mirror.

“We’re both from New Jersey and have known each other long enough not to pull any punches. But he applauded 2020...and his album’s great,” Jon adds.

“It was the same when I played it for Paul, just the two of us in a room,” Jon says, referring to the Beatle legend. “I hadn’t finished recording [the song] ‘Lower the Flag,’ so I picked up a guitar and played it in person. Singing a new song live in front of a Beatle took some courage.”

LINK: https://1071theboss.com/news/bon-jovi-talks-getting-advice-on-new-album-from-bruce-springsteen-and-paul-mccartney/

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Having an odd day BD ;)

A little slow off the mark for you 

I posted this yesterday :P

Admitably its buried in a thread somewhere i can't  remenber where 

So just as well you posted it 

I must say i did think if you when i read it, you and him from the same home town 

:)

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

:mellow:

Bon Jovi Talks Getting Advice on New Album from Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney

October 2, 2020|Michele Amabile|News

The day has finally arrived! Bon Jovi 2020--originally set for release earlier this year-but delayed due to Covid–hit the shelves, and front man Jon Bon Jovi has been making the rounds with interviews, including an appearance on “Good Morning America.”

The extra time gave Bon Jovi the chance to seek critiques and a little help from his friends, Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen.

“‘Bruce came over to my house and we sat down and listened to 2020 and [Bruce’s upcoming album] Letter to You,” the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer tells the Mirror.

“We’re both from New Jersey and have known each other long enough not to pull any punches. But he applauded 2020...and his album’s great,” Jon adds.

“It was the same when I played it for Paul, just the two of us in a room,” Jon says, referring to the Beatle legend. “I hadn’t finished recording [the song] ‘Lower the Flag,’ so I picked up a guitar and played it in person. Singing a new song live in front of a Beatle took some courage.”

LINK: https://1071theboss.com/news/bon-jovi-talks-getting-advice-on-new-album-from-bruce-springsteen-and-paul-mccartney/

And you have posted it nicer than me

I just posted a link :lol:

53 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Having an odd day BD ;)

A little slow off the mark for you 

I posted this yesterday :P

Admitably its buried in a thread somewhere i can't  remenber where 

So just as well you posted it 

I must say i did think if you when i read it, you and him from the same home town 

:)

Ooops sorry Daisey.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Ooops sorry Daisey.

I was only pulling your leg ;)

Honesty you can't even see links right now they are so dark

Bon jovie poped up on my google feed yesterday morning - i tried to ignore him but then my curiously got the better of me eventually 

Mrs Kiwi who is a big JBJ fan said she had heard that Bruce had somehow "helped" with the new album. I searched Google and couldn't find anything about it so told her JBJ would be so lucky! Now, do I let on that I have seen this thread???

• Haha 1

I guess Jon didn't take Bruce's advice because it must have been: "Can this s***! Don't let anybody else hear this!"

I love 80s and 90s Bon Jovi. And with every new album I hope that Jon finally got sick of his 3 1/2 min pop radio tunes and wrote something that actually rocks. But I guess he doesn't have it in him anymore.

• Like 1