Greasy Lake Community

Letter to You film coming to Apple TV+

Why isn't this available with the album like before? I for one would have paid extra. I guess Bruce and Inc. don't want more of my money. :huh:

• Like 4
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are 100% Android in our house  The only apples are in the fruit bowl

Don't hate me, but I think the movie "poster" would make a better album cover than the actual LP...    

Film is coming exclusively to Apple TV. I'll probably sign up for a trial or just get a month of it to watch it. I don't have any Apple devices, so this will be fun.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

Why isn't this available with the album like before? I for one would have paid extra. I guess Bruce and Inc. don't want more of my money. :huh:

My guess is they got plenty from Apple ;-)

• Sad 2

To be fair, the in studio documentary that they put out with the WOAD CD was interesting but not earth shattering.  I'm expecting a similar format.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

To be fair, the in studio documentary that they put out with the WOAD CD was interesting but not earth shattering.  I'm expecting a similar format.

I think i got excitted because it had the Jersey devil video on it 

3 hours ago, Breakaway said:

I guess, hard copies sell less and less these days. It's much easier/wiser for Bruce&CO to release bonus contents in digial format than raising the album prize by adding a DVD only die-hards would care about.

Well not to confuse daisey and others but the film is on Apple TV + not Apple tv

apple tv is a media player device

apple TV + is the streaming service

youndont need Apple TV to watch Apple TV + 

clear daisey?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, AMIW said:

Well not to confuse daisey and others but the film is on Apple TV + not Apple tv

clear daisey?

Clear to me. :)

10 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

@Daisey JeepThis is the link for living in the future land 

https://tv.apple.com/nz 

Thank you Keith

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

clear daisey?

Yip - now :)

Thank you Andrew

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

good there will be a quiz later...

So long as it's not charades

I knew there was a reason I bought a new iPad this year!  It came with a year’s free subscription to Apple TV.  

To anyone who has Apple TV or signs up for the free trial to watch this - check out Apple’s TV show “The Morning Show” before your free trial ends.  It’s also exclusive to Apple, and it’s a stellar show.  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AMIW said:

clear daisey?

Yes and no.  

The good news is that yes you don't need an Apple TV box if you don't want to shell out for one, and yes you can watch "Apple TV +" on any laptop by just simply going to "Apple TV +" in your browser and signing up for a subscription (it's a paid Apple streaming service that features programming exclusive to "Apple TV +").  In Oz it's free for 7 days, then $7.99 p/m).  That's the easiest way to watch this if you don't have an Apple device.

But if you want to watch it on a TV it's a bit more complicated. You do have to have a "compatible" TV that can download the necessary Apple app.  Only certain Sony, LG, and Samsung TVs are "compatible".

So if you don't have a TV capable of downloading the app (like me) then you do need an Apple TV box to get it on your TV.  Or a cheaper alternative is an "Amazon Fire TV stick" which is half the price and is a media streaming USB stick that plugs into a USB port on the back of the tele, comes with it's own little remote, and then lets you access not only "Apple TV +" but all  of the other streaming services like Netflix, Stan, etc - effectively turning a dumb TV into a really smart one.

That's as I understand it at least.  If that's not right, can someone advise?

I hate Apple and don't have anything Apple for this very reason because they always make things hard and us folks in the over 50 bracket can't cope with it!

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Graham from Australia said:

Yes and no.  

The good news is that yes you don't need an Apple TV box if you don't want to shell out for one, and yes you can watch "Apple TV +" on any laptop by just simply going to "Apple TV +" in your browser and signing up for a subscription (it's a paid Apple streaming service that features programming exclusive to "Apple TV +").  In Oz it's free for 7 days, then $7.99 p/m).  That's the easiest way to watch this if you don't have an Apple device.

But if you want to watch it on a TV it's a bit more complicated. You do have to have a "compatible" TV that can download the necessary Apple app.  Only certain Sony, LG, and Samsung TVs are "compatible".

So if you don't have a TV capable of downloading the app (like me) then you do need an Apple TV box to get it on your TV.  Or a cheaper alternative is an "Amazon Fire TV stick" which is half the price and is a media streaming USB stick that plugs into a USB port on the back of the tele, comes with it's own little remote, and then lets you access not only "Apple TV +" but all  of the other streaming services like Netflix, Stan, etc - effectively turning a dumb TV into a really smart one.

That's as I understand it at least.  If that's not right, can someone advise?

I hate Apple and don't have anything Apple for this very reason because they always make things hard and us folks in the over 50 bracket can't cope with it!

:D

Thank you Graham

Im not quite 50 but i don't have access to any teenager to help with this kind of thing

We are a samsung family and im.not keen to learn a whole new species

but our telly is a cheap brand from the NZ big box The  Warehouse

One of those fire sticks sound a good idea but ill be happy just to watch it on my laptop 

• Love Love Love! 1

As enjoyable as this will undoubtedly be, wouldn't it be great to get a proper, unsanitised documentary about Bruce, one that took an objective look at him and his work? It will never happen - Bruce won't allow it - but it would be far more interesting. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, judyg said:

I knew there was a reason I bought a new iPad this year!  It came with a year’s free subscription to Apple TV.  

To anyone who has Apple TV or signs up for the free trial to watch this - check out Apple’s TV show “The Morning Show” before your free trial ends.  It’s also exclusive to Apple, and it’s a stellar show.  

Tehran, new spy mini series on Apple TV+, is so much better than The Morning Show

13 hours ago, judyg said:

I'm a bit biased cause I'm a bit of a Steve Carell freak but I loved that one too.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

tried free trial of apple tv+ twas a nightmare to get it on sony so called smart tv as you cant get app on telly

I will watch on my laptop, TV not a smart, I will try the one I have a firestick on, if some one can explain how to do this please.