Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on The Graham Norton Show to promote Letter To You - BBC One - Friday 23rd of October

Among the guests in the studio and on video call: rock legend Bruce Springsteen, promoting his new album Letter To You; British star Lily James, in the new Netflix adaptation of Rebecca; Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey, talking about his memoir Greenlights; and musical guest Sam Smith, who chats and performs their current single Diamonds.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nptn

The episode will air Friday 23rd of October 2020 on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in the UK or via BBC America in the U.S.

Source: https://theversion.co/2020/10/07/sam-smith-springsteen-and-matthew-mcconaughey-confirmed-for-the-graham-norton-show/?fbclid=IwAR2BdZa4-xQuR0MEVzKcKzw47bkaB9hnBIr2s4AfOCLFwdQDhijZjeVnEsk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

Unless I can’t read the schedule correct on bbc America episode 4 doesn’t air until fri oct 30

episode 1 with Dolly Parton is fro oct 9

so episode 2 on 16th and 3 on the 23rd

not very good promotion here in the colony

Im keen to watch the Dolly episode 

I havn't watcher Norton since Bruce was on last time

I used to love Norton- dont know why i dont know 

What's it like with social distancing and no studio audience, no couch and no red chair ? :(

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

What's it like with social distancing and no studio audience, no couch and no red chair ? 

They still have the red chair. Dolly was good ... she wasn't in the red chair.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Perisic said:

Among the guests in the studio and on video call: rock legend Bruce Springsteen, promoting his new album Letter To You; British star Lily James, in the new Netflix adaptation of Rebecca; Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey, talking about his memoir Greenlights; and musical guest Sam Smith, who chats and performs their current single Diamonds.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nptn

The episode will air Friday 23rd of October 2020 on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in the UK or via BBC America in the U.S.

Source: https://theversion.co/2020/10/07/sam-smith-springsteen-and-matthew-mcconaughey-confirmed-for-the-graham-norton-show/?fbclid=IwAR2BdZa4-xQuR0MEVzKcKzw47bkaB9hnBIr2s4AfOCLFwdQDhijZjeVnEsk

Will Bruce identify as him, her or they?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Magic Rat said:

It was quite awkward last time. I don't know why he would bother I bet it has negligible impact on sales. Also, play a damn song.

Wait, Bruce is not going to play a song? But Sam Smith is? 2020 really continues to suck a little worse every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, risingaurora said:

Video call - song wouldn't work. It will be dull. I suspect on the 23rd most people will be accessing day #1 of their free Apple TV trial. 

Well, he could just do a song from Western Stars. As much as I don’t like that album I’ll take it over Sam Smith.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 11:06 AM, The_Magic Rat said:

It was quite awkward last time. I don't know why he would bother I bet it has negligible impact on sales. Also, play a damn song.

It was dreadful. I cringed.  Even worse this time via a video call. Might swerve it to save the embarrassment. The interviewer  hardly knew anything about him . 

5 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

It was dreadful. I cringed.  Even worse this time via a video call. Might swerve it to save the embarrassment. The interviewer  hardly knew anything about him . 

Graham Norton used to be lots of fun on quiet friday nights at home over a bottle of wine

He used to make even people i had never heard of interesting and funny 

But Bruce is better as the single focus with indept insightful questions requiring thought provoking and indept answers not cheap goggles and sound bites 

I must say i found the combo of Bruce and Norton to be a big disappointment  last year- Bruce deserved better ....and he didn't even get to sing

To my mind that kind of format is great for promoting movies but doesn't work well for Bruce 

We need to get the opinion of some very casual fans or even non fans for perspective - i would ask Gary but he can't stand Norton

So all i can say is i hope Norton is still drinking NZ plonk 

We will get the episode here eventually 

I can't remenber what channel Norton is on anymore

I think i watch Angel and Dick Strawbridge fixing up their French  chateau  when he's  on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Somethinginthenight said:

One of my work mates who's not a springsteen fan, said Bruce seems a cool guy after the show last year. 

I think this goes to show what Norton  does best.

Makes people i don't know interesting 

So of course it doesn't work with Bruce so well because we are alp huge fans

Its nice your freind thought Bruce was cool

I wonder if they sold more albums because of it ?

Because surley that's the point of it all

Did your friend buy one ?