The Official Letter to You album and documentary thread

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Ahem

13 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

No. 1 on the UK midweek charts.

Capture.JPG

• Bruuuuce! 1

14 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Not the first time Aniello has perfected this: Max’s drums on Wrecking Ball (the song) and LOHAD sound immense, too. As much as I love WB (the album), it would have been incredible as a fully-blown ESB decors. 

Not looking for a debate or anything, but the final sound we hear on any record is probably due to the people who mixed and mastered the songs.  Sure, they have to be recorded properly in the beginning, but it's the mixer's fairy dust (or otherwise) that gives us the end product.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Ok, I will do it when I get home, not even sure where to cancel it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you go in to your account down at the bottom somewhere you will find the card details you put in and it gives you the option to cancel the subscription 

• Like 1

After listening to the album about a dozen times and watching the film, I think that it is just stunning. Every track from the 1st listen sounds great and just get better with each time I play the album. I have just played it from start to finish as like Western Stars it's deserving of this. The music sounds so fresh and clear and the louder you play it the better it sounds. 

The film was great and really adds to the album experience and I can't wait to watch it again. 

I have been humming or singing all the songs at various times since last Friday and feel the need to play the album again and again!! It's definitely got into my head. 

I can't wait to see Bruce and the band play this album live in arena's or stadiums and I hope to god that we all get that chance.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

40 minutes ago, red headed woman said:

If you go in to your account down at the bottom somewhere you will find the card details you put in and it gives you the option to cancel the subscription 

Thank you, hopefully I wrote the password down,

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jmw said:

Thank you, hopefully I wrote the password down,

Click the little person at the top and select 'Settings'. The Subscriptions bit is at the bottom. Click on 'Manage'

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Needs to keep her bloody hands still though. Like she’s landing planes.

I'm laughing at this and haven't even seen the film:D I know exactly what you mean.

And while we're on the subject, do you ever watch Kay Burley on Sky breakfast news? Stop wringing yer hands, woman!

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Not looking for a debate or anything, but the final sound we hear on any record is probably due to the people who mixed and mastered the songs.  Sure, they have to be recorded properly in the beginning, but it's the mixer's fairy dust (or otherwise) that gives us the end product.

Does this apply to Bruce's voice too? Everyone (or almost everyone? including me) is raving about how good his voice sounds on this new album, but do we really know it's still that good, or do we wait until we hopefully see him live again? Or can his voice be tweaked in a live setting too?

So many questions!

7 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Does this apply to Bruce's voice too? Everyone (or almost everyone? including me) is raving about how good his voice sounds on this new album, but do we really know it's still that good, 

Well, I would guess that they can do anything with autotuning.  I doubt they would have fooled around with those lead vocals, though.  Anyone on social media with Bob Clearmountain?  :D

55 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:
2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Needs to keep her bloody hands still though. Like she’s landing planes.

I'm laughing at this and haven't even seen the film:D I know exactly what you mean.

And while we're on the subject, do you ever watch Kay Burley on Sky breakfast news? Stop wringing yer hands, woman!

All the TV presenters do that now.  They're obviously told to do it, as somebody must have decided that it makes them more watchable.  It doesn't.  It's annoying and distracting, and it doesn't look natural.

What Patti is doing isn't that same as that though.  It's more like she's following the music with her hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rizla said:

All the TV presenters do that now.  They're obviously told to do it, as somebody must have decided that it makes them more watchable.  It doesn't.  It's annoying and distracting, and it doesn't look natural.

What Patti is doing isn't that same as that though.  It's more like she's following the music with her hands.

Oh, yes, I can see in my mind's eye what Patti is doing.  Didn't she do a bit of it on Live In Dublin (Open All Night?).

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Rizla said:

"When you move your hands to explain what you are talking about, you will help your audience understand your points. A study by the University of Chicago showed that What a speaker does with her hands as she gestures facilitates understanding of audience members."

Patti was really helping to explain the "Bababiya's" with her hands.

Although, in making presentations I've always used my hands to try and get points across, but sometimes I feel stupid doing the same motions over and over.

• Like 1

Got the vinyl and absolutely loving it!

Brilliant album, I hadn't heard any of the old songs so they felt fresh and new (And fantastic! Janey Needs A Shooter is fabulous!)

Just a quick question - does the vinyl not come with a download code? Bit dissappointed if there isn't one (Given the high price of the vinyl - I couldn't find one in my copy)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I prefer the film version of SYIM Dreams to the album version because Patti's voice is much more prominent. Shame they mixed her lower for the album.

Agreed. It’s the best I’ve ever heard Patti and her voice is perfect on that song. Am gonna have to work out how to do an audio rip of the film. 

• Like 3