Greasy Lake Community

The Official Letter to You album and documentary thread

5 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

A little ....not completely .....But what a table setter it is.

Opps typo :D

It was 3am

I many echo out of the loneliness 

But table setter it is (can i use that BTW ? ;))

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like the most about this album is that there is something for everyone on it. Depending on what era you prefer, what style of song you prefer, whether you like acoustic Bruce, rock Bruce, pop B

Received from a friend by WhatsApp 

The wife was out with friends last night, so as I was cooking and eating dinner. Listened to the album, after dinner Moma still wasn't home so I watched the movie again. I can honestly say I have neve

Posted Images

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

Opps typo :D

It was 3am

I many echo out of the loneliness 

But table setter it is (can i use that BTW ? ;))

Well ....in all honesty you may be right .... Those subtle E Street touches make the song so beautiful...Takes it to another level for me  .... The One Minute/Ghosts/I'll See You In My Dreams Trifecta is one of the most thematically moving things i have ever heard ....

And you can totally borrow table setter lol :)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 minute ago, Early North Jersey said:

Well ....in all honesty you may be right .... Those subtle E Street touches make the song so beautiful...Takes it to another level for me  .... The One Minute/Ghosts/I'll See You In My Dreams Trifecta is one of the most thematically moving things i have ever heard ....

And you can totally borrow table setter lol :)

I loved western stars a lot but this album is just so completly different

The dark parts just have more light 

The band must do this 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
4 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

Will try to odo the free trial tomorrow when I am sober or I will probably sign up for a year..

I managed it Cabby !

You'll be fine 

I just have to remember to unsubscribed this coming Wednesday 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I loved western stars a lot but this album is just so completly different

The dark parts just have more light 

The band must do this 

Exactly ....The sounds of Roy's piano in Bruce's music is one of the most consistently beautiful things in music ..... it gets me every time.

I've lost John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Jerry Garcia and George Harrison and it has in some way diminished me....

To get this album from someone so important to me musically at this phase of life is truly a gift.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2
2 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You can unsubscribe right away, your membership will still continue until the end of seven days.

• Like 1

The Power or Prayer gets better and better with each listen. Even if it reminded me of "Some Guys Get All the Luck" by Rod Stewart on first listen...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I managed it Cabby !

You'll be fine 

We will all be doing the same.

8 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Streets Of Fire/Racing In The Streets/Backstreets ? I'm trying to put my finger on it also ....such power !!!!

Agree probably Backstreets

• Like 1

What a fantastic, fantastic film - I’ve loved listening to the album for the first time today and the documentary is a great compliment. Some really beautiful moments, can’t wait to watch again already!

33 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

What does Janey needs a shooter remind me of? Whatever it is I love it..

The Promise

29 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Exactly ....The sounds of Roy's piano in Bruce's music is one of the most consistently beautiful things in music ..... it gets me every time.

I've lost John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Jerry Garcia and George Harrison and it has in some way diminished me....

To get this album from someone so important to me musically at this phase of life is truly a gift.

I just read this

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/bruce-springsteen-and-art-aging-well/616826/

"When i listen to it there is more joy than dread" says the man himself 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kiwiprofessor said:

Just had my first listen and I am excited, left me wanting more, which I take as a good thing

Good morning Whitby 

Nice to know the long weekend has started off on the right note for you :)

2 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Good morning Whitby 

Nice to know the long weekend has started off on the right note for you :)

Good morning to you, Whanganui!

Listening to that was a great way to start a long weekend

• Bruuuuce! 1

Just managed to get home and have my first listen all the way through - too early for a critical judgement but on an emotional level it just makes me very, very happy :D.

I've always loved the band rehearsal of Janey. When I saw it on the tracklist there was always the worry it might not be quite as good. Somehow it is better, definitely my favourite track so far.

I can't work out if my favourite part of Janey is Bruce's vocals, Steve's vocals on the chorus, Charlie's organ, Roy's piano, Max's drumming, all the guitars or Bruce's harmonica (which reminds me of Racing in the street 78 in the best possible way). I mean, Gary's bass is great too but I'm pretty sure my favourite is one of the other bits ;)

• Bruuuuce! 1
12 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

when I think of being in the nou camp pit on a warm balmy night in summer 2022. 

I think the beer is getting to you! ;)

BTW: do you have a Stella glass to drink that in? Or straight out of the bottle? Or just a glass?