Greasy Lake Community

Foxy New Download From Atlanta

The Fox is the best place to see Bruce - you just take peachtree st to peachtree rd to west peachtree....

the photo shoot for The Rising was held diagonally across PEachtree at the Ponce Condos - for some reason they would NOT let me in to watch 

:angry:

10 minutes ago, AMIW said:

The Fox is the best place to see Bruce - you just take peachtree st to peachtree rd to west peachtree....

Are there actually any peach trees?

Totally irrelevant to this thread, but Peachtree Road is a decent Elton John album. 

47 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Are there actually any peach trees?

Totally irrelevant to this thread, but Peachtree Road is a decent Elton John album. 

elton actually lives on peachtree rd 

there are zero peach trees on any of the 173 streets with peachtree in their name.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Darkness 8 - Rising 1.

Still gonna buy it cause I'm a nerd and don't want a gap in my collection - and I'm sure that I'm gonna love it.

But I hope they give us a Rising show real soon.

Seems the rumors of problems with The Rising recordings must be true ..... Thank god we got one

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Update. 

This show is now in my top 3 archive releases behind Passaic 2 and Tempe 80. It sounds better than Passaic 1 to me. Only Passaic 2 sounds better in my opinion. Awesome release.

Not downloaded it yet but that’s very encouraging to hear. I always listen to the best sound quality shows most often, even if others have a better performance. The sound quality is everything for me to warrant repeated listening to the show. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Update. 

This show is now in my top 3 archive releases behind Passaic 2 and Tempe 80. It sounds better than Passaic 1 to me. Only Passaic 2 sounds better in my opinion. Awesome release.

Hey Uncle someone is quoting you over at SHMF :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Not downloaded it yet but that’s very encouraging to hear. I always listen to the best sound quality shows most often, even if others have a better performance. The sound quality is everything for me to warrant repeated listening to the show. 

Yeah I am the same way for the most part.  I think Atlanta is the 2nd best recording we have now for the 78 tour with Passaic 2 still being the best.  But for me this one is not too far behind.  Others may feel differently but this was a very welcome surprise after the butchering of Winterland. Here is my list of the available 78 archive releases for sound quality only in my opinion...

1. Passaic 2 - The Gold Standard

2. Atlanta - Best non Clearmountain mix

3. Passaic 1 - Good overall mix with a few misses but compression hurts it

4. Winterland 1 - Sounds slightly better than the bootleg to me but compression is an issue

5. Agora - Same as Winterland

6. Roxy - Compression totally ruins this one for me. The mix is ok but I cant listen to more than a song or 2 before faitigue sets in.

7. Winterland 2 - The worst mixing and mastering job they have released since Altschiller was hired.  Shame. This deserves a remix.

8. Houston - I am not a fan of mono recordings but it doesnt sound bad for what it is, but I dont listen to this at all.

• Like 1