Greasy Lake Community

What would you say is Bruce's best vocal performance, singular song wise?

The Christic Shows are two of Bruce's all-time best performances. Certainly his best acoustic solo shows, and by leagues. The insecure songwriter, coming off a couple of years away from the stage after the dissolution of his world-famous band and a stint in the tabloids, among other things. That show features a vulnerable and raw Springsteen, a little guarded but no barriers between him and the listener. Truly great.

From that show alone, "Real World" is unbelievable. Listening to it makes me mad that he didn't preserve it as a tender piano number on Human Touch.

Outside of that show, I love his voice around the BitUSA era, so I might have to go through those songs and outtakes and see which stands out to me.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

BITUSA is probably my favourite period of Bruce and I really enjoy his voice from then

3 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

The Christic Shows are two of Bruce's all-time best performances. Certainly his best acoustic solo shows, and by leagues. The insecure songwriter, coming off a couple of years away from the stage after the dissolution of his world-famous band and a stint in the tabloids, among other things. That show features a vulnerable and raw Springsteen, a little guarded but no barriers between him and the listener. Truly great.

From that show alone, "Real World" is unbelievable. Listening to it makes me mad that he didn't preserve it as a tender piano number on Human Touch.

Outside of that show, I love his voice around the BitUSA era, so I might have to go through those songs and outtakes and see which stands out to me.

Queen of the Supermarket!:) Bruce sings so beautiful on this song!:)

OK more serious (even if the above is really serious); Backstreets, with or without Sad Eyes.

The end of Jungeland after the sax solo?

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
6 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Queen of the Supermarket!:) Bruce sings so beautiful on this song!:)

OK more serious (even if the above is really serious); Backstreets, with or without Sad Eyes.

The end of Jungeland after the sax solo?

Good answers, I guess most people's opinion would be somewhat based upon their favourite songs and eras. Whilst I do think My Father's House from Christic is one of his best, part of says it's the best because it's one of my favourite songs 

• Like 1

Some of my favorites:

I'm Goin' Down (the studio version). I think his voice sounds so effin' great there, especially the first verse.

The Promised Land (Phoenix, 1978)

Thunder Road (No Nukes, 1979, second night). 

The River (Tempe, 1980).

Jole Blon (Wembley Arena, 1981). 

Atlantic City (Paris, 1985).

• Like 2