Greasy Lake Community

Is there a studio album you still haven't listened to?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright already!!! Born to Run!! I’m so sick of that crap! The passion. The desperation. The wailing saxophone. The unrelenting tension. The guitars!!! That damned wall of sound!!! It’s all too much!!

... says the person most desperate to hear 'Electric Nebraska' 

Don't tease us, we're all desperate to know which one it is!

35 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Weird question maybe on a Bruce Springsteen forum.
I've got one: The Seeger sessions. Some day I will get to it.

handy hint

best served with a heavy hand of strong liquor 

and don't play catch up

you need to preload like an 18 year old

13 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Me too .this One and human touch and devil and dust not Listened from start to finish in go 

i adore devils and dust

i grew up with country music and devils and dust was the perfect album for me to get my fandom back after only having BITUSA when i was 13

i love acoustic Bruce

• Like 1
1 minute ago, biloxiparish said:

Chapter & Verse - haven't listened the new old songs. 

Live 75/85 - have listened some songs, not all of them. 

Still have not finished Spr on Broadway. 

gee i was thinking id be good because i prefer  to listen to full albums

But i don't even own  chapter and verse or SOB :lol:

I love to listen Springsteen as albums too. That's why I rarely listen to Lucky Town, If I Should Fall Behind or Better Days (which are great songs) because I don't care much the rest of the LT album. 

On the contrary I listen to She's The One a lot (which feels quite mediocre) as I listen to BTR album a lot. 

There certainly is a studio album I wish I had never listened to, let alone ever have been conceived at all. But before I am called a hater I will relent from naming the album.

• Haha 3
49 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

There certainly is a studio album I wish I had never listened to, let alone ever have been conceived at all. But before I am called a hater I will relent from naming the album.

is their a prize for guessing which album ? :lol:

56 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

It's strange he didn't put out another album in the 90s .With the songs like streets of philadelphia .blood brothers .secret garden .missing .What a opportunity Since streets won the Oscar .It's bound to be another classic .

have you seen this thread

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/139157-new-rolling-stone-interview-the-lost-albums/

40 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is their a prize for guessing which album ? :lol:

Yes indeed. Third prize is a framed Glen Campbell photo. Second prize is a goofy looking cowboy hat. First prize is, of course, an ‘orse.

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Yes indeed. Third prize is a framed Glen Campbell photo. Second prize is a goofy looking cowboy hat. First prize is, of course, an ‘orse.

im just glad it isn't  an all expenses paid weekend in a corner room at some boarded up and gone motel with a pool filled with 8 feet of nothing 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Does it rhyme with best burn cars?

• Bruuuuce! 1

I rarely listen to the studio records. They are always there & every single release provides me with something when I need it. For me Bruce is a 'live' act & the 'archive series' is a complete godsend, good or bad.

• Love Love Love! 1
6 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I love that album :D

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Weird question maybe on a Bruce Springsteen forum.
I've got one: The Seeger sessions. Some day I will get to it.

Me too. Except that I have no plans to get to it some day.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, MacBruce said:

The Springsteen on Broadway CD.

The Netflix show was brilliant, but I just could not be bothered listening to the whole thing on a CD.

I think that might be the case for me too. I have however made a songs only compilation which I listen to now and then.