Greasy Lake Community

Is there a studio album you still haven't listened to?

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im just glad it isn't  an all expenses paid weekend in a corner room at some boarded up and gone motel with a pool filled with 8 feet of nothing 

8 Feet of Nothing. Now that would have been a good name for that album.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright already!!! Born to Run!! I’m so sick of that crap! The passion. The desperation. The wailing saxophone. The unrelenting tension. The guitars!!! That damned wall of sound!!! It’s all too much!!

... says the person most desperate to hear 'Electric Nebraska' 

Don't tease us, we're all desperate to know which one it is!

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Springsteen On Broadway.

Western Stars the movie.

Springsteen On Broadway isn’t a studio album, is it? If it is, than you can add this album to that other album I’m not allowed to talk about.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

That was an incredible film. Quite moving. 

it is a great film indeed

i would have loved to have seen it at the pictures 

• Like 1
On 10/13/2020 at 2:10 PM, Jertucky said:

There certainly is a studio album I wish I had never listened to, let alone ever have been conceived at all. But before I am called a hater I will relent from naming the album.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mariasbed said:

Alright already!!! Born to Run!! I’m so sick of that crap! The passion. The desperation. The wailing saxophone. The unrelenting tension. The guitars!!! That damned wall of sound!!! It’s all too much!!!

Where is the lush orchestration? Where are my ‘orses? Where the hell is my zydeco song?!?!?!?! Where is my late-70s folk pop sound? What’s that you say? It was released in 1975? What a great time to lead the oncoming late 70s folk pop explosion!

Shew, thanks! I feel better getting that off my chest. Now I’m going to cinch up my oversized belt buckle, throw on my 10 gallon hat, slide into my cowboy boots, mosey on outside and crank up Western Stars to 3 and get myself a little shuteye.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Next time you play Western Stars, think of the pain it causes @Jertucky :D<_<

For some reason you all know it is impossible to play Western Stars without thinking about an 'orse.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Alright already!!! Born to Run!! I’m so sick of that crap! The passion. The desperation. The wailing saxophone. The unrelenting tension. The guitars!!! That damned wall of sound!!! It’s all too much!!!

Where is the lush orchestration? Where are my ‘orses? Where the hell is my zydeco song?!?!?!?! Where is my late-70s folk pop sound? What’s that you say? It was released in 1975? What a great time to lead the oncoming late 70s folk pop explosion!

Shew, thanks! I feel better getting that off my chest. Now I’m going to cinch up my oversized belt buckle, throw on my 10 gallon hat, slide into my cowboy boots, mosey on outside and crank up Western Stars to 3 and get myself a little shuteye.

in these uncertain  in times filled with worry and anxixty i have found one of the few things i can count on is you make me laugh at least once a day :D

1 hour ago, Trang said:

Has everyone listened to On the Line featuring Gary US Bonds on lead vocals?

nope

i seriously keep forgetting about it

10 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Honest answer: Tunnel of Love, Human Touch/Lucky Town, Tom Joad, Devils and Dust

Joke answer: Letter to You (that'll change in a few hours)

That's interesting. 

Why? 

I know people here love it and think it’s a masterpiece, but I have not been able to get through Western Stars.  I always have to stop listening 2 or 3 songs in, no matter where I start.  I really just don’t like it.  

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, biloxiparish said:

That's interesting. 

Why? 

Because Letter to You hasn't come out yet obviously

And for TOL, HT/LT, TJ, D&D. I dunno, never did

19 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Because Letter to You hasn't come out yet obviously

And for TOL, HT/LT, TJ, D&D. I dunno, never did

I can get through LT and TOL, but I haven't gotten through the rest ever.

Holy shit!!!!!

"If I Was the Priest" is nothing short of amazing!  Gives me chills from the very beginning.  This is my favorite thing he's recorded in a long while.

Album overall is pretty good . . . not really a bad tune in the bunch.  Nothing else that stands out to me like "Priest" but tons of great band sound, lots of melodies, and plenty of growers once you learn the words and tune.

Thank you, Bruce!!!!!

I own all of them and have listened to them all. Even my least favorite album (High Hopes) gets a spin or two every year, and it has some outstanding material on it.

21 hours ago, judyg said:

I know people here love it and think it’s a masterpiece, but I have not been able to get through Western Stars.  I always have to stop listening 2 or 3 songs in, no matter where I start.  I really just don’t like it.  

Would you say it sounds like crap? I’m not allowed to say that but I’m wondering if you would.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jertucky said:

Would you say it sounds like crap? I’m not allowed to say that but I’m wondering if you would.

Sounds like crap? Not necessarily. 

Sounds like tedious, over instrumented, toneless songs with a seeming lack of melody that just drone on, bore me to tears, and irritate me to no end? Yes, I'll say that.  

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, judyg said:

Sounds like tedious, over instrumented, toneless songs with a seeming lack of melody that just drone on, bore me to tears, and irritate me to no end? Yes, I'll say that.  

Yeah, that sounds like crap. Tomato, tomahto.

3 hours ago, judyg said:

Judyg...give the Songs from the Movie a try.  I actually like it better.

• Like 1