Greasy Lake Community

im sorry this is ridiculous - Bruce says he'll move to 'Oz if ..

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

He's angry because an artist who's music he (for the most part) admires doesn't hold the same political beliefs he does. Hence, the snide response, as is the case with all the belittling responses here. It's fairly easy to deduce, no?

Oh, that, yes of course.  And he clearly doesn't like any of Bruce's recent output.
But his comment didn't make any sense.  It suggested that if Bruce moved to Australia, we would never hear any new music he might produce there.

image.thumb.png.92299b721047e855fe0d9ec663c58fb8.png

4 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Where's the edit button gone?  I wanted to fix a typo.

The three dots all the way on the right of the screen. Click. A dropdown menu will appear...

image.thumb.png.5108de53b8b5d5e0ca6749602b926180.png

• Thanks 1

I find it laughable that people think America has been one of the good guys after May 1945. I can't imagine what kind of history books you guys have read. Cos as a matter of fact, and particularly regarding foreign policy, wars, invasions, interventions, military coups, satellite states, puppet dictatorships, inhuman embargos, secret CIA/DEA operations, etc, America post May 1945, starting with the Hiroshima and Nagasaki massacres, has been nothing but the worst of the worst.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redwire said:

I find it laughable that people think America has been one of the good guys after May 1945. I can't imagine what kind of history books you guys have read. Cos as a matter of fact, and particularly regarding foreign policy, wars, invasions, interventions, military coups, satellite states, puppet dictatorships, inhuman embargos, secret CIA/DEA operations, etc, America post May 1945, starting with the Hiroshima and Nagasaki massacres, has been nothing but the worst of the worst.

Boy another great lecture! But what does this have to do with anything in this thread. 

If Bruce moves to Australia, his next studio album will contain 10 new tracks as well as a new recording of "The Ghost of Tom Joad" all performed as vocal duets with Tom Morello.

6 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

A-ha! I was just going to ask who changed the spelling - I thought there was a time limit on editing :lol: Then I saw Mikey's message.

6 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

My OCD just couldn't leave that alone ;)

Where are the apostrophe police though?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, redwire said:

Wow. For the want of another junta of Colonels.

9 hours ago, JimCT said:

Has everyone lost the ability, and the will, to actually read??!!

In a "virtual press conference" including folks from Australia, literally on the other side of the world from the US, Bruce "JOKED" about leaving for Australia if Trump wins. 

What part of "JOKED" escaped you?

downloadfile-15.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, redwire said:

Always happy to see you Red :)

• Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, redwire said:

Red!  I don't hang out here much anymore but great to see you're still fighting the good fight!  As far as some of the comments in this thread taking offence at Bruce's comments...this place has changed, man, and not for the better. No wonder I don't hang out here much anymore.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

9 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Good catch. The American idea. America was indeed founded on ideas such as all men are created equal. Except for the black ones, whom many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence owned as slaves. Ideas are great. Reality is another thing altogether. It’s great to say all men are created equal. It’s empty when it is not enacted by those that say it. Be careful lumping Trump supporters and Trump opposers in as making up the entirety of the population. People are out there everyday living their lives, working and interacting with a broad range of people from entirely diverse backgrounds. Clinton and Obama didn’t create that, Bush and Trump haven’t killed it. You don’t hear it because it doesn’t make much of a splash on the news channels but it’s going on. 

Well i tell you one thing you don't want to be a kiwi across the ditch (the Tasman sea) when things go wrong for you

Immigrants take all our jobs.

Immigrants are so lazy 

They depot kiwis at the drop of a hat and break up families born and raised in Australia 

They even have off shore detention camps where they send people who don't even have to have criminal convictions 

I did not understand Bruce's  comment was in jest 

I would certainly hope he would look into human rights issues before he would say anything like that with any seriousness 

And i say that not from any politically biased point of view because successive Aussie governments keep these policies in place and successive NZ governments try to plead reason with their Australian  counterparts so this isnt a my team - your team issue

I just hope Bruce is awear 

In America you might be a citizen by birth right but that is not how it works everywhere 

Gary's  grandson was born in Australia but he is not a citizen automatically 

See we pretend we have this 'special relationship' betwen our 2 countries so you don't need a visa of any kind to live in each other's country but in Australia a NZer has zero acess to welfair - even though you may have been paying tax and contributing to the economy  for years 

If you are deemed to be an undesirable person even though you may have spent all your life in Aussie you are on a plane back to NZ -after a stay in a detention centre- despite not going before a court of law -  you may just have an undesirable buddy - you may have no family or freinds for support in NZ so a life of crime in the only way

Or maybe you do have criminal tendencies - because your life in Australia  taught you that - but you now get deported - away from your Australian partner and children - and now you become a crime wave in a country you have no connection to 

We now have criminal Australian gangs springing up thanks to this 

I just would want anyone thinking of moving to Australia to read the fine print 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I did not understand Bruce's  comment was in jest 

I would certainly hope he would look into human rights issues before he would say anything like that with any seriousness 

And i say that not from any politically biased point of view because successive Aussie governments keep these policies in place and successive NZ governments try to plead reason with their Australian  counterparts so this isnt a my team - your team issue

I just hope Bruce is awear 

In America you might be a citizen by birth right but that is not how it works everywhere 

Gary's  grandson was born in Australia but he is not a citizen automatically 

See we pretend we have this 'special relationship' betwen our 2 countries so you don't need a visa of any kind to live in each other's country but in Australia a NZer has zero acess to welfair - even though you may have been paying tax and contributing to the economy  for years 

If you are deemed to be an undesirable person even though you may have spent all your life in Aussie you are on a plane back to NZ -after a stay in a detention centre- despite not going before a court of law -  you may just have an undesirable buddy - you may have no family or freinds for support in NZ so a life of crime in the only way

Or maybe you do have criminal tendencies - because your life in Australia  taught you that - but you now get deported - away from your Australian partner and children - and now you become a crime wave in a country you have no connection to 

We now have criminal Australian gangs springing up thanks to this 

I just would want anyone thinking of moving to Australia to read the fine print 

As a Kiwi living in Oz (citizenship in both countries now) I say to Bruce come on down. Sure there a dickhead politicians here but that will just give Bruce more to write about.

Also as a Kiwi living here who took out Australian citizenship and didn't have to give up his Kiwi passport...seems like a pretty easy solution right there, Daisey!

I love how NZ lets me vote in the NZ election even though I only visit these days.  I often don't but I have this time.

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

As a Kiwi living in Oz (citizenship in both countries now) I say to Bruce come on down. Sure there a dickhead politicians here but that will just give Bruce more to write about.

Also as a Kiwi living here who took out Australian citizenship and didn't have to give up his Kiwi passport...seems like a pretty easy solution right there, Daisey!

I love how NZ lets me vote in the NZ election even though I only visit these days.  I often don't but I have this time.

I said at the time of Clarence’s death that Bruce should replace his spot in the band with a didgeridooist. What better time to pull it off?!?!?!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I said at the time of Clarence’s death that Bruce should replace his spot in the band with a didgeridooist. What better time to pull it off?!?!?!

I can sense some sort E Street Midnight Oil vibe coming on.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

How can we sleep

While our beds are burning down the road

:D don't you mean While our beds are burning further on up the road?

• Bruuuuce! 2
  • Haha 1