Greasy Lake Community

im sorry this is ridiculous - Bruce says he'll move to 'Oz if ..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has everyone lost the ability, and the will, to actually read??!! In a "virtual press conference" including folks from Australia, literally on the other side of the world from the US, Bruce "JOKE

The power of the American dream has been abandoned, he says. That was where I stopped reading. It’s such nonsense. The citizens roll through everyday in pursuit of their dream. The president doesn’t c

Half of Hollywood says that every election. None do it. And if Bruce happen to do it, would be hypocritical to what a lot of his music says. Badlands. Darkness. 

Posted Images

Please don't get my thread shut down when i was bringing up an issue that was not in relation to party lines

Im talking about NZ citizens and others bring held in detention centres who have not even been charged because all they have done in a lot of cases  is associate with a couple of uncooth friends and how now beem deemed undesirable and not of good character by the state and will be deported

I just want others, like Bruce - from other countries like America to know this because its ongoing and nothing we seem to be able to do from this side of the Tasman can stop it

These people are Australian on everyway except offically

They most often have zero connection to NZ 

Imamgine being seperated from your family and being deported to a colder country where you know no one, the people don't want you, its hard to find employment so your only alternitive in a life of crime because you don't have the skills, resources or contacts to survive here

5 hours ago, ross said:

Sorry, I tried to delete it as soon as I noticed the same topic had already been started, but couldn't see a delete function.

Its moved after the latest upgrade of the lake

Its now in the 3v horizontal dots on the RHS opposite your avitar 

16 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I was going to reply but since politics are off limits I'll stop.  Just read the facts and don't go just by what you hear on FOX.

How about CNN? 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics/house-oversight-commission-president-health/index.html

Pelosi insisted that the legislation would apply to future presidents, rather than Trump, but argued that his recent health challenges underscore the need for such a process.

"This is not about President Trump. He will face the judgment of the voters

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-06/disabled-children-with-nz-parents-being-denied-ndis-access/7143338

ABC NEWS

New Zealanders living in Australia say their rights are being eroded

ABC Capricornia

/ 

By Inga Stünzner

Posted MonMonday 26 JunJune 2017 at 11:51am, updated TueTuesday 27 JunJune 2017 at 10:21am

Lobby group Oz Kiwi says Australians have more rights in New Zealand, than Kiwis who move here.(Wikimedia Commons: LawrieM)

New Zealanders living in Australia are getting a raw deal, and the proposed changes to Australian citizenship will only make it worse.

That is the warning from a lobby group for New Zealanders living in Australia, Oz Kiwi, which spent the past week in urgent meetings with politicians on both sides of the Tasman.

Oz Kiwi spokesperson Joanne Cox said there had been a steady erosion of rights since 2001, when New Zealanders were no longer considered permanent residents on arrival.

The changes will see citizenship applicants reside as permanent residents for four years rather than one.

New Zealand students will have a change in their status and will face full domestic fees and will pay more than triple their current fees.

"These things are happening on the sly," Ms Cox said.

"What was happening 10 yeas ago is no longer the case and people don't realise the changes until it's too late."

Crossing 'the ditch'

More than 600,000 New Zealanders live in Australia, mainly in New South Wales and Queensland, and until recently the flow between countries was one-sided.

Over the past three years, the number of New Zealanders heading to Australian shores had dropped from an average of 27,600 a year to 20,500 last year, according to Statistics New Zealand.

More people are also moving from Australia to New Zealand, with numbers over the past three years almost doubling to 15,800 a year compared with an average of 8,900 each year for the previous 35 years.

There are now more than 62,000 Australians living there.

Currently, Kiwis in Australia:

Can live indefinitely in Australia

Receive no unemployment or sickness benefits, or disaster relief

Pay NDIS levy but receive no access

Are ineligible for student loans

Are ineligible to vote

Are ineligible to work for the Australian Government or Defence Force

(Source: Australian Immigration)

When Australians arrive in New Zealand, they are granted permanent residency, can access welfare after two years, access student loans after three years and, after five years, pay just $480 to become citizens.

New Zealanders who arrived in Australia before February 2001 were granted permanent residency and a direct pathway to citizenship, but those who arrived after that date do not.

Kiwis arriving after this date do so under a temporary Special Category Visa that allows a person to live in Australia indefinitely, but with no access to social security, student loans or disaster relief — and Oz Kiwi is critical of the lack of balance.

Currently, Australians in NZ:

Are permanent residents on arrival

Can access social security after two years

Can be paid Family Tax Credits on arrival

Are eligible to vote after a year's residence

Can access student loans after three years

Can apply for citizenship after five years

Source: New Zealand Immigration

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-26/new-zealanders-living-in-australia-see-citizenship-rights-eroded/8644890

This article may be 2 years old but nothing good has happened since

2 minutes ago, gsquare said:

Looks like this thread needs to go away.

I know.

Its been hijacked by American politics when im just trying to highlight a human rights issue that Bruce and other people may not be aware of

It is encouraging our Aussie Bruce freinds do acknowledge the unfairness of the situation

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

How about CNN? 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics/house-oversight-commission-president-health/index.html

Pelosi insisted that the legislation would apply to future presidents, rather than Trump, but argued that his recent health challenges underscore the need for such a process.

"This is not about President Trump. He will face the judgment of the voters

Did you ever think she was putting in place in case Trump won?

• Thanks 1
Just now, THUE said:

Did you ever think she was putting in place in case Trump won?

Now look I was bullied by Jim CT yesterday for not reading the article. Did you read the article? She was quoted twice "saying this isn't about Trump", unless you think she's lying. Which......... most likely you are right! 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Now look I was bullied by Jim CT yesterday for not reading the article. Did you read the article? She was quoted twice "saying this isn't about Trump", unless you think she's lying. Which......... most likely you are right! 

Of course she is lying. Its all about Trump, but she is wrapping it nicely in a bow labeled this isn't about Trump. Which is only available at the Maga website under Trump bows. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THUE said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on. 

You or nobody hijack this thread, it been like this from the second post. And it's good to talk about something of substances. Bruce started it by saying (joking) that he would move.  

1 minute ago, JLE SASK said:

Are you sure?  It's pretty darn cold up here :)

But by then it would be winter
Not too much for him to do
And those winds sure can blow cold way out there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Is it not obvious Bruce was joking?

Had it been the Canadian journalist who'd asked if he'd move to Canada, Bruce would have answered in the same way.

The joke went right over my head 

I definitely think Bruce's comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I hope that this story doesn't dominate the headlines leading up to the release proper of the album. Yes, there is no such thing as bad publicity in marketing, but those kinds of sensationalist headlines will surely flood out the album reviews.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 8:20 AM, Jimmy James said:

Half of Hollywood says that every election. None do it. And if Bruce happen to do it, would be hypocritical to what a lot of his music says. Badlands. Darkness. 

Yeah but guys like Nugent, Limbugh etc said the same thing about Obama and Obamacare if passed. Both sides do it. If you read the article, Bruce was joking. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

But by then it would be winter
Not too much for him to do
And those winds sure can blow cold way out there

Nice reference. 

• Thanks 1