Greasy Lake Community

im sorry this is ridiculous - Bruce says he'll move to 'Oz if ..

3 hours ago, Tom74 said:

If Bruce is going to venture into politics, I wish he would stick to the issues. The shilling for the Democrats via planted questions in the media is quite tedious.

And if Bruce is going there, then we should also be allowed to here without recrimination.  The instant we’re not allowed open dialogue is the instant we stop communicating.  And the instant we’re not communicating is the instant we’ve abandoned all hope of civil compromise and reason.

i actually heard a Bruce monologue from from a concert in 1984 on E Street radio today in which he said we all have a love-hate relation with our  hometowns.  But we all share ownership in all the good and bad that goes with it. (I’m paraphrasing, of course.)  It’s our hometown and it’s our country, and we should be allowed to work it out together.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

I thinks we should take a moment , and listen to Steve :D

08256B74-D968-4DC7-A7E1-FCAA40062C76.jpeg

Sorry Stevie hates the country that made him his fortunes.  (Great producer, second-rate guitarist, poor vocalist, mediocre actor...but all  that’s okay.)  Some of us Neanderthals are not so crass as to throw the f-bombs, as if vulgarity somehow validates the point.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Stryper said:

Sorry Stevie hates the country that made him his fortunes.  (Great producer, second-rate guitarist, poor vocalist, mediocre actor...but all  that’s okay.)  Some of us Neanderthals are not so crass as to throw the f-bombs, as if vulgarity somehow validates the point.

I was reading the other day just how much of the population has Neanderthal genes especially those of us with ansestors  from East Asia and Europe

I serously did not read this as humour but i accept i missed something

But im obviously not the only one and that doesn't make us morons 

Humour does not present  itself as a universal language 

2 hours ago, skipper said:

Come on down all.

No such thing as too many Bruce fans.

You clearly have never tried to get tickets to a show in New Jersey, New York, or Philly. And I'll bet you don't have Ticket Bastard down there.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:41 AM, StolenCar66 said:

He can join his buddy Jon Stewart and Streisand (who also vowed to move from the US in 2016 if Trump won) also and enjoy life without the liberty and freedom he has accumulated on the backs of the working class he will leave behind. No worry, none of these empty "boo hoo, the other guy won, I am moving" threats ever happen. Life is too good and comfortable for these extremely wealthy people, when you have tons of money and plenty of time to comment on those you think need saving from their own independent thought and political choices. (like supporting anything other than Democratic causes)

It's too easy to say things like that and not take action, throw away lines- just mouthing the political machine he follows and supports. 

It was, I suspect, said in jest, a throwaway line, as you say.

Much like, "If (insert name of sports team here) wins, I'll eat my hat."

Most people don't actually eat their hats.

Or "If I were ever to get (insert disease name here), I'd kill myself."

That doesn't mean the disease isn't awful. Just that most people say stuff like this all the time, but it's hard to really make dramatic changes, especially late in life.

• Like 1

A couple quick points. First, I read the leaving the country line as a joke. Second, if he hadn’t followed it up with line about the abandonment of the American idea it probably wouldn’t have been mistaken. He wasn’t joking about his misguided belief that the “American idea” disappears when a Republican gets into the Oval Office and magically reappears when a Democrat gets in there. It’s ignorant and mindless.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

Yeah but guys like Nugent, Limbugh etc said the same thing about Obama and Obamacare if passed. Both sides do it. If you read the article, Bruce was joking. 

We know Bruce was "joking".

I never knew that about the others. Not to say it's not true, but I've never heard that before. Is there a link, I can check it out. 

Thanks for the info. I look it up if I get a minute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

We know Bruce was "joking".

I never knew that about the others. Not to say it's not true, but I've never heard that before. Is there a link, I can check it out. 

Thanks for the info. I look it up if I get a minute.

Well I'll be damn. Rush did say that kind of? 

Liberal media watchdog Media Matters recorded Limbaugh's comments, which you can hear at left. At the 1:20 mark, Limbaugh says the following: "I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."

15 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

Yeah but guys like Nugent, Limbugh etc said the same thing about Obama and Obamacare if passed. Both sides do it. If you read the article, Bruce was joking. 

This is what I found out about Nugent.

In Context: Ted Nugent saying if Obama wins, 'I will either be dead or in jail'

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

I thinks we should take a moment , and listen to Steve :D

08256B74-D968-4DC7-A7E1-FCAA40062C76.jpeg

OK, this looks to be the official Twitter account for Steve.

He tells people to Fuck off from that account.

Should we be waiting for an apology from him?

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Just as a thought, would Bruce actually score enough points to be allowed to emigrate to Australia?

Capture.JPG

I don't score enough points to immigrate to NZ

I can go to 'Oz, i just am only entitled to half rights

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Just as a thought, would Bruce actually score enough points to be allowed to emigrate to Australia?

Capture.JPG

If its anything like here people with alot of money like James Cameron get in on a different set of criteria 

5 hours ago, burghfan said:

OK, this looks to be the official Twitter account for Steve.

He tells people to Fuck off from that account.

Should we be waiting for an apology from him?

Awfully serious comment by Steve about a joke.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Awfully serious comment by Steve about a joke.

I agree, and to me it’s odd that both he and his Boss don’t understand that they have fans on both sides of the political aisle.  While we disagree on so many issues, we really don’t have to be told to “fuck off”.  That’s insulting and unnecessary.  

So much repressed anger on “Little” Steven’s part...and yes he’s living up to that old sobriquet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, my American friends, on November 3 it’s officially about which elderly entertainer YOU want to leave the country, Bruce Springsteen or... ;)

Talk about the ultimate reality show... ;)