Greasy Lake Community

im sorry this is ridiculous - Bruce says he'll move to 'Oz if ..

On 10/24/2020 at 3:09 AM, Born To Walk said:

Seemed obvious to me. Maybe it wouldn't have been to the journalists who ran the Australia story.

I think most of them got the joke.   Except the Gold Coast Bulletin.   But then they are so far out of touch reality it doesn't matter. 

The Gold Coast Bulletin has started a bullshit "campaign" along with Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate, to entice Bruce to the Gold Coast (it was on the front page, by the way!.   It's absolutely cringeworthy, and the most hilarious part is the notion that Bruce, in leaving the US to escape Trumpism would go and hang out with a small-time mini-Trump in Tom Tate (who seems to have a Chris Christie-style unrequited man-crush on Bruce) at the behest of a Murdoch newspaper. 

Admittedly Bruce stayed at the Gold Coast for his Brisbane shows, and did say he loved the beaches to the south of there (I'm guessing between Kingscliff and Byron Bay).... but to actually go and live on the Gold Coast itself?     He might as well move in next door to Mar-a-Lago

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Another obvious joke blown up to make an eye-catching headline.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:56 AM, Jertucky said:

A couple quick points. First, I read the leaving the country line as a joke. Second, if he hadn’t followed it up with line about the abandonment of the American idea it probably wouldn’t have been mistaken. He wasn’t joking about his misguided belief that the “American idea” disappears when a Republican gets into the Oval Office and magically reappears when a Democrat gets in there. It’s ignorant and mindless.

The Iraq war was a crime of historic proportions.   The failure of the current administration to react to the Covid threat is yet another epic Republican failure.  Just how badly does life have to get under Republican leadership until you get that your party is unfit to govern?   What will it take?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Floom2 said:

The Iraq war was a crime of historic proportions.   The failure of the current administration to react to the Covid threat is yet another epic Republican failure.  Just how badly does life have to get under Republican leadership until you get that your party is unfit to govern?   What will it take?  

My party? What the hell are you talking about?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Floom2 said:

There are people I dislike in the party, and I am currently fed up with the choices for this election cycle. But pre-2015 my family and I were confident in the leadership, and hopefully when the party gets it a grip, they'll be better than before, out the current group and make amends to win back voters....... and actually follow through with things (something both sides struggle with, but there is some for the future).

Life has been good from Bush 2-present, sure our insurance rates were jacked up 2014-2017, but the things attributed to both (Recession, *Insurance Rates*, Oil Prices, Inflation Rates) aren't the presidents or their administrations fault, but it was just how the markets and economy flowed.

Meaning: The Recession was not Obama's fault and Oil Prices and Decreasing Unemployment Rates weren't because Trump is potus its how the world was moving.

If anything, life has only been "worse" due to the political machine of Illinois Dems who don't under pension for teachers :/

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

He can fly home in his private jet every time he needs to record! 

He doesn't own a private jet. He usually flies commercial (...yes). When he needs to go private, he works with a Learjet Executive company (don't know the name). I think McCartney is the only rock musician that owns his own fleet, but then again, his last net worth (last year) was estimated at $2.3 billion. Forbes says he's the only pop music billionaire, & besides, he doesn't have a daughter who likes stallions and show horses. Bruce is just a regular, run-of-the-mill millionaire working stiff.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...