Greasy Lake Community

"Letter to you"-album has leaked

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I think everyone just needs to chill out and be happy we have new music!

Perhaps viewing a thread titled 'letter to you album has leaked' isn't the right thing to be looking at if you don't want to read stuff about the album. 

I go back to my favourite line ever on GL. When Magic leaked two weeks before release there was a similar thread to this, and someone asked 'how are you having a discussion about the new album -

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Honestly, I think Twitter is a pretty ugly place overall.   There is almost no one there that offers respect to any opinion.

The politics of our world are pretty ugly and that seems to be most of the content there.  

I'll definatly stay away

Most tweets i have seen are very 'opinionated' 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I don’t have a copy but I do have several emails from ning@gmail.com that I am afraid to open

Yikes nings fileserver has all sorts of dubious dog realated movies :o as well as a copy of the new James Bond movie... better to download it before nings owner finds out

• Haha 1

Like many of you I couldn't help myself, I intended to wait for the official release but well here we are lol. Gonna buy it anyway so what's the harm. Maybe they'll learn from this and just drop the new album when it's done next time around - I bet that would create more of a buzz these days.

Anyway - very good album! Spoilers ahead.

Top 3: Burnin' Train, Ghosts, Priest - no surprise that I like the songs that need to be played loud the most. Blast those speakers - it's what they're there for.

Have to say that I don't like One Minute You're Here and Letter To You as the first two songs. The intro and outro of Letter To You are longer than on the Youtube video and that's good cause it works better this way. Love the added guitar at the 7 second mark! Nice little touch. They're both solid songs but nothing more than that.

I think it would have been a better choice to open with Burnin' Train. Now that's a song! The build up during the first 30 seconds is ace. Come out swinging and open the album with this one! Turn it all the way up when you listen to that one for the first time.

The 3 old songs sound great, I was a bit worried about that but it's very well done.

If I Was The Priest - Favorite one of the three. Just wow. Love it when the band kicks in!

Janey Needs A Shooter - My favorite part of the '78 version was the way he sang 'only through his stethoscope' - it's a bit different now which is a bit of a bummer for me. But overall a great version. Love the harmonica!

Song for Orphans -  I liked the performance on the Trenton archive release but I prefer this version. 'Least favorite' of the three but still very well done.

Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, 1000 Guitars are all good.

Rainmaker still has to click for me I think. 

Ghosts kicks ass, love that one.

I'll See You In My Dreams is a nice way to close a great album.

After Western Stars another very good release. I'll be listening to this one a lot. Since they can't tour for a while they should give this one the Darkness Paramount '09 treatment and just play the whole thing live and release it. We can't go to the show so bring the show to us. 

Thumbs up from me!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Reading everyone's comments about the songs is a fantastic experience. I'm just dying not being able to hear it yet! Anyhow, thanks everyone for writing about it for those less connected than I. I appreciate it.

• Love Love Love! 1

What the **** happened on Twitter?? Why is telling people that the album has leaked "a tragedy"? We are not sharing the album here and fans will buy the actual album when it comes out. The news was out on BTX as well. 

• Like 1

I’ve listened to the whole album through a couple of times...It’s not something that I have to just play over and over because it’s that good...Don’t get me wrong...It’s an enjoyable listen for the most part but not something I have to hear over and over...The fact that it’s the E Street  Band is enough in itself for me to listen to certain songs that bring the bands magic out...This is just simply my own personal opinion.... I give it a B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, VABOSSFAN said:

I’ve listened to the whole album through a couple of times...It’s not something that I have to just play over and over because it’s that good...Don’t get me wrong...It’s an enjoyable listen for the most part but not something I have to hear over and over...The fact that it’s the E Street  Band is enough in itself for me to listen to certain songs that bring the bands magic out...This is just simply my own personal opinion.... I give it a B.

49 minutes ago, diegobrucie said:

I remember listening to Tracks early with you VABOSSFAN. A lonnnnnnngggggggg time ago!

I was outside a record store before it opened to get Tracks. Went home and stayed there listening to it all day - skipping university classes that day. :)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I think it's bloody poor form that people are posting their reviews before the release.

The vast majority of us are waiting for the official release and are looking forward to the whole anticipation and build.

I don't want to read someone's opinion before the release.

Pretty pathetic I reckon.

5 minutes ago, Graham from Australia said:

I think it's bloody poor form that people are posting their reviews before the release.

The vast majority of us are waiting for the official release and are looking forward to the whole anticipation and build.

You must despise the media and press.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Graham from Australia said:

Perhaps spoilers would be a good idea

Its like a hot potato in my hand

Or a bag of lollies burning a hole in my pocket just wanting to be snaffled 

Trying to wait till at least tomorrow (general election) 

16 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its like a hot potato in my hand

Or a bag of lollies burning a hole in my pocket just wanting to be snaffled 

Trying to wait till at least tomorrow (general election) 

Do it Daisey!.  You know you have to.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, risingaurora said:

Is the Greasy Lake twitter feed really the 'official' twitter of this site? 

If so he should be stood down. Telling the wife of a member of the E Street Band to 'go f*** yourself' is surely not acceptable, in any way. 

I've not seen this but I'm willing to bet that it was aimed at Amy Lofgren.

Hi - It's Steve - I run the GreasyLake twitter account. I reposting this on this channel as I can see it's dropping down the forum list....

I just want to apologise to the community for getting into a Twitter spat last night with Amy, which some of you may have seen. Things - as they can do on Twitter - get a little heated, and I regret that.

I've said sorry to Amy publicly and privately, and I've deleted two tweets that I'm not proud of... I'm also sorry if I embarrassed the Greasy Lake community, and I've apologised this morning to Karsten.

Twitter on most days is lovely, but on some days it can get a little toxic. I should have known better, but I hope we can get back to what's important, which is focusing on the music.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
44 minutes ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

Do it Daisey!.  You know you have to.

Packet opened and sugar all over the place :lol:

Our boy can still hold a tune :)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Going to wait until next week but love reading the reviews!  2 questions if I may:

Anyone able to post The Times album review?  Needs a copy and paste a snap behind a paywall.

Janey is literally the outtake I have been waiting for above all others... is it really as close to the 78/79 arrangement as Rolling Stone suggests?  There is talk of a harp solo where the bootleg outtake circulating has a guitar solo for example...

Ta

• Thanks 1