Greasy Lake Community

It takes a man to apology for saying or doing something wrong. Unlike a handful of Yo Yo's here. 

I don't twitter, can I ask what was this dispute about? You can PM me if you like, just wondering! 

• Like 5

Twitter, Facebook- unless you love unnecessary drama and stress added to your daily life- no reason for either. (pick up a phone or write an email, or even a personal note with actual handwriting- all ways to communicate that have gone the way of the rotary phone).

I tell anyone that is under 30- those that can verbally communicate will eventually be the leaders and bosses and managers of those who rely only on electronic means to do so. When it comes down to it, you still need leaders and leaders need to be able to speak. (God forbid a power outage, we find out quickly how useless our technology is)

Nice to see you were upfront and apologized. 

• Like 3

Don't do Twitter, so not seen or heard what all the fuss is about.

But, not everyone has the decency to publicly apologise for a cock up. So, whatever you did, it's nice that you apologised.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, StolenCar66 said:

Twitter, Facebook- unless you love unnecessary drama and stress added to your daily life- no reason for either. (pick up a phone or write an email, or even a personal note with actual handwriting- all ways to communicate that have gone the way of the rotary phone).

I tell anyone that is under 30- those that can verbally communicate will eventually be the leaders and bosses and managers of those who rely only on electronic means to do so. When it comes down to it, you still need leaders and leaders need to be able to speak. (God forbid a power outage, we find out quickly how useless our technology is)

Nice to see you were upfront and apologized. 

In my business (construction) A verbal and handshake use to go a long way. Not no more, if it's not written in stone(e-mail) that verbal/handshake agreement is useless! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
37 minutes ago, dublinpaul said:

I’m not too sure people would be so understanding if they were to see the tweets involved. 

I was a bit shocked tbh given this is the Lake's official Twitter account. To tell a member of the bands wife to F-you was not what I would have expected to read, no matter what the circumstances.

Twitter can be emotive at times but is this how our site should officially respond in such a public forum? What happens in here is between ourselves but Twitter is a very public place. Perhaps Bruce may have read this - I'm sure he will hug Amy before he hugs us. This site has been long in the making, building a strong reputation in Brucieworld and is one of the main places us fans can interact about our hero. Reputations long built can be tarnished in one four letter word.

Apologies are one thing but don't get involved in the first place to have this happen. I don't know you Steve nor you know me, but in my opinion if you behave like this in the future I wouldn't want you running our Twitter account.

I joined the Lake in 1999, I believe I have a vested interest in our wonderful community, spent many years here and dont want something like this putting our good name to shame. No matter who was wrong or right.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It's great of you to apologise but the damage is done. 

To insult Nils' wife in the way you did was out of order, and knowing how tight Nils and Amy are, Nils will know what has happened and will probably now have a lower opinion of Greasy Lake (assuming he knows of us). As the 'official' GL twitter page you should realise you represent the whole of GL. Getting into embarrassing spats like this reflects so badly on us all. Time you stepped down and let someone else run it IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am closing this topic.  

I appreciate the apology and I hope that Amy and the whole Bruce community realize that the tweets in question were not in keeping with the spirit of the GL community. 

• Like 2
  • judyg locked this topic