Greasy Lake Community

1 hour ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Just find a post today .said .

He thought the promise land lyrics have        ' dogs of mystery house '.:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else have this kind of story ?

Well, some eons ago in a similar thread, a long forgotten user said that her - then - toddler believed that your username actually was "Ten Devils in the Freezer".

A tough one to beat. 

• Haha 5

In the Live 75-85 version of Cadillac Ranch, when he sings “There to greet a working man”, for the longest time as a younger child, I didn’t hear anything that resembled English. I heard “ A Mikeo a Japan”

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

@borntowalk pointed out that 'blood shiver' in Ghosts (or is it LTY?) actually sounds like 'blood sugar'.

I heat that as well, even though I know it’s not correct. Also in the same song I hear “Chinese music downtown”.

• Like 1

14:35 - "I'm interested in riding a little girl" instead of "I am just a rumble doll"

Genuinly thought she was singing that when I first heard it. 

Good luck getting that one out of your head.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Perisic said:

14:35 - "I'm interested in riding a little girl" instead of "I am just a rumble doll"

Genuinly thought she was singing that when I first heard it. 

Good luck getting that one out of your head.

When my daughter heard her sing, “I am just a rumble doll,” she asked me, “Did she say she is just a humble dog?”

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Not Misheared But

One night Billy awoke from a terrible dream calling  his wife's name,She lay breathing beside him in a peaceful sleep, a thousand miles away.

WTH ?beside him or 1000miles away .Can someone explain to me :huh:

I always think of her 'mind' being a thousand miles away from him, even though her body is there.

• Like 2

My dad has told me that when he discovered Bruce in '85 he thought the chorus of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out went "Til' devil do freeze out". He thought it was like the expression "until hell freezes over" which is a logical conclusion to make as at that time he was just a swedish guy who had only heard it performed live. And I mean, not even Bruce knows what the fuck a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out is. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/20/2020 at 8:53 AM, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Not Misheared But

One night Billy awoke from a terrible dream calling  his wife's name,She lay breathing beside him in a peaceful sleep, a thousand miles away.

WTH ?beside him or 1000miles away .Can someone explain to me :huh:

I don't know what it is supposed to mean, but I always thought that it meant his dream had taken him far away (a thousand miles away) or that his state of mind is "a thousand  miles" from his wife's peaceful state of mind (the distance from a terrible dream to a peaceful sleep).

On 10/18/2020 at 5:46 AM, Frank said:

Well, some eons ago in a similar thread, a long forgotten user said that her - then - toddler believed that your username actually was "Ten Devils in the Freezer".

A tough one to beat. 

My childhood mind heard, “Tit Devil you freeze out”. Made no sense then it and still doesn’t today.

• Haha 1

Its hay favor session so my ears are a bit gunky :ph34r:

I keep hearing butt train :o:D:lol:

Take me on your butt train :P

• Haha 1