Greasy Lake Community

So break me now big Mama as Old Faithful breaks the day
Believe me my good Linda, the aurora will shine the way
The confederacy's in my name now, the hounds are held at bay
The axis needs a stronger arm, do you feel your muscles play

I'm trying really hard to convert my youngest to Bruciedom, telling her about the insightful Bruce of the people poet lyricist fellow that he is. But what does this mean? I said it was probably an anti-Trump thing which she kind of believed but I have no idea.  Sounds like random words to me but she is at college so looking for a smart answer to make me look clever. Is it a gym thing with the stronger arm and muscles? Any help appreciated.

Probably another song about people being left isolated in life...just a guess though.

So many of his songs back then were written from personal experience, or about people he knew.

As has been said he was also clearly hugely influenced by Dylan and his style of writing.

Still to hear the new album, but I always loved Song to Orphans in it's original format.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Elbow said:

I'm trying really hard to convert my youngest to Bruciedom, telling her about the insightful Bruce of the people poet lyricist fellow that he is. 

Don't you think showing the videos of Thunder Road, The River and Quarter To Three from No Nukes, followed by the videos of Prove It All Night and -again- Quarter To Three from Largo 1978 might better do the trick?:) (Others might throw in videos from Tempe 1980 too, and rightly so).

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1