Greasy Lake Community

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT SONG!!! JAKE SOLOS MID-SONG AND CLOSES!! UNCLE WOULD BE PROUD!!

This could be the most "E Street" sound we’ve heard in a while: I actually feel some similarities here with those last three songs from "Magic".

Awesome!

Brad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Absolutely. Was my favourite song on first listen to the album

Then 5 or 6 other songs started to feel just as good after 3rd/4th listens. Didn't care much for track 1 at first but it is essential now. It's a great album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BruceHistory said:

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT SONG!!! JAKE SOLOS MID-SONG AND CLOSES!! UNCLE WOULD BE PROUD!!

This could be the most "E Street" sound we’ve heard in a while: I actually feel some similarities here with those last three songs from "Magic".

Awesome!

Brad

I agree, some of the reviews I heard earlier turned me off but when I listened to it Tuesday, I knew it was solid. 

• Like 1

Listened to it a second time. Nope, it doesn't do it for me. It's okay but not much more. The verse melody and chords share a harmonic nature with the Tunnel of love album, but it's far from my favorite kind of TOL-like melody. I'm sure the lyrics are good or even great but when the melody doesn't grab me the lyrics can't make it more than an okay song. 

On 10/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, BruceHistory said:

haven’t felt this way since hearing “The Rising” record for the first time!

Same for me... favorite first listen since The Rising. 

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, BruceHistory said:

Just a fantastic set of songs here ..... haven’t felt this way since hearing “The Rising” record for the first time!

3 hours ago, fadeaway said:

Same for me... favorite first listen since The Rising. 

For me too...as I posted in the general LTY topic [before reading this]; so maybe that says something.

Or maybe it is just the personal opinion of only 3 fans.:)

• Haha 1
On 10/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, BruceHistory said:

This could be the most "E Street" sound we’ve heard in a while

Yes, the song on the album that sounds most like 'classic ESB'.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Not my favorite track, but it’s growing fast. For sure, it must have been the title track.

There is already a Jerry Lee Lewis album with the title Last Man Standing. And on that album Jerry Lee and Bruce sing together on a cover of Pink Cadillac. So this could be a reason this was probably never an option for title song (but just my speculation of course).

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

There is already a Jerry Lee Lewis album with the title Last Man Standing. And on that album Jerry Lee and Bruce sing together on a cover of Pink Cadillac. So this could be a reason this was probably never an option for title song (but just my speculation of course).

Yes, most of all I think Bruce didn’t want to have a “Last Man Standing” tour, as he didn’t go for “Last to die” as a title-track in 2007. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

I feel like this song and next Two songs should be listened together as a long song .They're kind of similar melody 

Thank you!  I thought it was just me. 
Last Man Standing and The Power Of Prayer sound pretty much the same to me.

• Like 1