Greasy Lake Community

Nice review, although I disagree about it being the finest 1 hour and 25 minutes of Patti’s career. Maybe I’m missing something but I think her solo albums deserve more credit than that.  I did like what she contributed here and the joy she seemed to have singing back up. 

I thought the documentary was outstanding. 

• Like 1

Nice review. Just my two cents, cousin Frank Bruno is the father of the Seeger Sessions guitarist, not the musician himself, if memory serves me well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's much appreciated. 

When I wrote that "finest moment" line about Patti I did think "is this going to sound more harsh than positive?", but the intentions were good! :lol:

I'll also correct that line about Frank Sr. being the Sessions Band member - I should have went that little extra mile in regards to research. Mea culpa. 

• Like 2

I've just watched it and loved it. I cried my eyes out during the 1000 guitars song ... it's so beautiful and he sings it so well. 

Looking forward, even more, to getting the cd but this is the stand-out song for me so far.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
16 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've just watched it and loved it. I cried my eyes out during the 1000 guitars song ... it's so beautiful and he sings it so well. 

Looking forward, even more, to getting the cd but this is the stand-out song for me so far.

It seems we have another "Hello Sunshine" situation on our hands in relation to how everyone feels about 'House of a Thousand Guitars" compared to me :lol:

I'm glad you all are enjoying that track, hopefully it'll strike me someday. 

• Like 2

Kate loved that song, too (Baby I) - she'd not heard it before.  She loved the film but thought it had 'death' written into almost every song ... not that that's a bad thing she hastened to add.

I'll have to dig out some of the early stuff for her.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Kate loved that song, too (Baby I) - she'd not heard it before.  She loved the film but thought it had 'death' written into almost every song ... not that that's a bad thing she hastened to add.

I'll have to dig out some of the early stuff for her.

I'll be honest I don't think I'd heard the entire song either, and I've had the Chapter and Verse CD for about four years now. 

WIESS is my shout for a good diversion from the themes about mortality.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Even earlier ... Castiles/Vini stuff. That's on my 'to do' list for tomorrow.

Oh God, that material is beyond even me. If you have any recommendations once you've found what you're looking for, I'm all for learning more about that era of Bruce's career. 

• Like 2