Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not no more!!!!! Since my last show in the spring of 2016, my thoughts of Bruce's works have been questionable. The Book, was probably very good, but found it to be very boring. I had read at lea

Or swavered?

Yes, I am really liking this album a lot and I find myself singing or humming the songs when I don't even know I'm doing it.

Posted Images

Have I told you guys how awesome Letter To You is?

And whatever happens in Bruce's personal life, will not change my opinion of how great most of his music is.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

My fandom waived because i felt disconnected durring SOB

Right now me & Bruce are tight and im back on the juice

That Jeep add was fucking brilliant  

91lw5XGe3eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2021-Jeep-Super-Bowl-As-Springsteen-3-1024x637.png

On 13/02/2021 at 11:35 AM, *Janey* said:

My fandom is wavering big time because of the car advertisement. I find the whole thing just plain ridiculous and such a cheap thing to do. There's no way I could ever justify it. It's not the first time Bruce has made a career move I'm not happy about but now he has certainly crossed a line he should've never crossed. In my books, no self-respecting artist who wants to be taken seriously agrees to polish a commercial brand other than their own. So, I don't think I can respect Bruce as an artist anymore. I never thought this day would ever come so this is a lot to take in. Obviously, I still love the guy's music tremendously so I have mixed feelings. I have no idea what will happen to my fandom in the long run.

Anyone else's fandom wavering at the moment? 

I was kinda "Bruced out" after the last tour tbh. The Broadway thing was unjustifiable price wise and I went to 3 Joad gigs in London back in the day so already knew I prefer full band shows. Not to say I don't like acoustic stuff but a year on Broadway just seemed a bit indulgent on his part. 

Anyhoo, I like the guy for his music and the rest is kinda peripheral to me. He does a commercial? Big deal. Doesn't make me think Backstreets, Thunder Road and Racing In The Street are any less works of genius. He's human. If doing a commercial is some sort of fall from grace then maybe people are placing impossible expectations on him. He's a musician. He doesn't need to be everyone's moral compass too. 

Not to get overly political but I think I preferred Bruce when he was more of a single-issue guy and not the go-to cheerleader for every Democratic candidate out there. I suppose as you get older, you naturally become more establishment and less the outsider he always felt he was. Maybe that partly explains the commercial too. 

It was actually his book that turned me back on after being jaded for a while. I thought the early years stuff was really interesting and, although I'd read quite a few books on him, there was a lot of detail I didn't know. I thought it was really well written (unsurprisingly) and very enjoyable. I got it for Christmas the year it came out but, because I'd lost interest a bit, I hadn't actually picked it up until last month. I'm glad I did. 

I think for most of us, Bruce is for life and not just for Christmas. We're allowed the odd wobble though. He's not perfect musically or as a human being and we shouldn't expect him to be. If he drops the odd clunker then he's probably earned us chalking it up to experience. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

In way I'm not surprised I seem to be the only one who's pissed because of the advert. I certainly do not expect Bruce to be perfect (and I don't care if he fuc** things up in his private life) but for me, it's not like he can do literally anything and I just shrug my shoulders. What he has done now is, IMO, probably the most ridiculous, embarrassing and cheapest thing an artist can ever do career-wise. So, I can't help feeling the way I do. I realized just the other day I'm not proud to be a Bruce fan anymore.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, *Janey* said:

In way I'm not surprised I seem to be the only one who's pissed because of the advert. I certainly do not expect Bruce to be perfect (and I don't care if he fuc** things up in his private life) but for me, it's not like he can do literally anything and I just shrug my shoulders. What he has done now is, IMO, probably the most ridiculous, embarrassing and cheapest thing an artist can ever do career-wise. So, I can't help feeling the way I do. I realized just the other day I'm not proud to be a Bruce fan anymore.

I don't think your the only one Janey

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gus said:

Good bye Janey. More tickets for us disciples.

Anything that makes it eaiser to get tickets is a good thing

• Like 1
4 hours ago, *Janey* said:

You’re not alone.

As I’ve said, I’ll await the court date, but until then the field officer’s sobriety report on Bruce sounds like behavior very unbecoming of a local hero to me.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Anything that makes it eaiser to get tickets is a good thing

Howay ... hang in there, @*Janey*, it's awful when you feel as you do. Hey, if I can laugh about Broadway now then the ad will be a doddle for you before too long. 

• Like 4

I found broadway really hard

It just felt so far away and disconnected ' we didnt even have SLV 

It was a real test of faith especially after the summer 2017 was nothing like the 2016 river tour

We didn't even get NYCS like 'Oz did

But you listen to some live shows c/o Mr Nugs and you bounce back

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

But you listen to some live shows c/o Mr Nugs and you bounce back

There is a lot hinging on the March Nugs release as far as my current fandom is concerned.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

There is a lot hinging on the March Nugs release as far as my current fandom is concerned.

Yep. If it's not the Vietnam Vets show I'm burning my membership card and putting my entire collection of 42 years on Ebay.

Who wants first dibs on my The River boxer shorts? Used, but good condition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
18 hours ago, gus said:

Good bye Janey. More tickets for us disciples.

I wouldn't jump into conclusions just yet if I were you. Like I said the other day, I don't know what's gonna happen to my fandom in the end. ;)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gus said:

Janey i will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you will be back. Like just like Michael Correlone said when i thought i was out he pulls me back in.

.....googling Michael Correlone :lol:

.......(Ive never actually seen the Godfather)

It's just rock and roll like the Stones sang back in 1974, life is full of highs and lows, and there are more important things in life than Bruce Springsteen, for the record I've been a fan since 1975 and will continue to be all my life and it is all about the music and whether he has had a glass too much or not is not that important.

• Like 4